Newer Turbo For E6-350

Markie Man

So my 4v e6 350 needs a turbo, and I figure that turbocharger technology has come a good ways since '85, so a newer model charger the same size aught to preform better, not? So I have access to a remack s400s069 supposably for a etech EM7. Am I way off my rocker and overthinking this or will this be an improvement for the old girl? If not, any suggestions? was also looking at a s300s106.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Glendon

can he use a Schwitzer S400 SO41?  just curious... I see them on E-7's... I am not a guy that knows turbo specs..  so if you need to get technical, I will just watch and maybe learn something... :) jojo

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I'd say you need to measure your intake inducer size and compressor and turbine sizes and reference them to the numbers you're looking it.  I dealt with D&W buying our one 82mm and when I said I needed to order a smaller wastegate-less turbine housing they were not very enthused.  I'm no expert by any means, I get my numbers from our guy doing ecm tuning.

I wouldn't change much if you're not running any extra fuel over stock.  Keep in mind if you go much bigger on the turbine side it will give it lag and make it long winded.

I've had quite a few newer Borg Warner 78mm 410sx's blow the guts out from overspeeding on 3406e and C15's.  There's always a degree of risk changing turbos and adding power.

Ya that’s my exact opinion… knowing nothing about matching them these big engine repairs are a furtune  and no I would not take a chance unless absolutely sure … Oooooooooooo by the way very good advice and response       Bob 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fastduramax said:

FINALLY!!! Hey John where did you purchase yours, I searched that part # on ebay tons of HX50's but no 3580251 ? 

Here is another one:

https://www.turbochargerpros.com/buynow/40-30842_HO

Says out of stock (go figure) but there seems to be a lot of variation in price on these things. It also says that they are actual part numbers for Mack E6 engines so it may or may not be an upgrade. I have no clue but I found them pretty easily via the Google machine.....

15 hours ago, 67RModel said:

Here is another one:

https://www.turbochargerpros.com/buynow/40-30842_HO

Says out of stock (go figure) but there seems to be a lot of variation in price on these things. It also says that they are actual part numbers for Mack E6 engines so it may or may not be an upgrade. I have no clue but I found them pretty easily via the Google machine.....

It was definitely an upgrade compared to the factory turbo. With fuel plate ground and slid all the way forward it runs strong. Spools fast and as long as you keep the manifold pressure up the egts never get high

9 hours ago, Fastduramax said:

Thanks John, Im guessing your pump is a Robert Bosch ? Mine is an AMBAC I don't think the ground plate mod applies to Ambac ?

AMBAC is a screw! I Wouldn't give it more than one turn ! 

Just sayin!

• Like 1