Shop Talk

Onyx610

I have an 1100 sq" house..  I have 2 fridges, elec. stove. 900w microwave, 2 T.V.'s on at all times, 110v well pump, 2 security systems, and 7 pairs of LED spot lights around my house and buildings.  My Cheapass 7500 watt Harbor Freight (Steady running power) not Surge power, generator works great.  I have a small Natural gas heater that is self contained, so I can shut my gas pack off to ease the load on Genny..   I believe you have a pellet stove for heat, so that helps..  Jojo

Bob, We lost power last week due to a wire fire on our lines..  here is my house on Generator, and there is a picture of a plug that My electrician installed for me.  $250.00 parts and labor for it..  Yes, I do have to start my Genny, and turn the main breaker off, and turn on Jojo power by flipping a double 30 breaker,,  but as you can see it works..   

KIMG1457.JPG

KIMG1456.JPG

KIMG1489.JPG

• Like 1

Your welcome...  The generator is around $800.00 here,  I have a short 10g 4wire harness with twist lock 4 pin plug ends..  It's easy..  I just hook Genny to the house that way..  By the way,,  the small covered box on the top left corner of my panel is the input for Genny..  Good luck Bob...   jojo 

Bingo!!!   I bet it back feeds a double breaker..  Take the inner cover off and look..  neutral and ground may be together on the ground buss, and red and black should be feeding the breaker.