My 2000 e7460 setup

Bliue dm

So I brought a 2000 rd 688s. It's a mut. Mack 460. Mack 18spd. Hendrickson suspension and meritor rears. I must say. It runs amazing but being a 4th or 5th owner truck I don't know much about it. I haven't had it loaded yet but seems to have plenty power. First it rolls some coal. Is it possible it has xt program? It has a borgwarner s400 ; is that stock? Some help figuring out more about this truck. It's factory built the way It's is. I ran vin.

Edited by Bliue dm

I actually don't have any complaints.  I have yet to drive truck loaded. Was looking for more general info than anything else. Are the 460s a little smokey before boost? I don't think it's leggy yet? I also see there is more than 1 s400 turbo? Our am I making a mistake?

I dont know about that, and would not introduce a future issue..  Just take it to Mack or someone with PTT for Mack or a ProLink 9000 with a V-MACIII pmcia card...  you can set road speed and cruise speed...   jojo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So i started to look over the truck. I realized that I had a ripped boot off of turbo and boost gauge was disconnected. I replaced the boot and plugged up the gauge. It honestly feels slower now 🤣.  Either way it raised a few questions. First I realized it wouldn't make much past 25lbs of boost. I heard they should be making more like 35. Is it because it's empty? I saw 30lbs once and that was after hitting a bump in the road. You could feel it pull harder but it began to back off to like 28lbs. Now I haven't serviced this truck since I brought. Is it possible that air and fuel filters are that bad that it's holding back on 10lbs off boost? What are yall thoughts?

You won’t make a lot empty, I’d change the air filter/fuel filters and pressure test the whole charge air system. Also check for exhaust leaks pre turbo. 

Edited by Onyx610

I dont know..  sorry..  but I do know when I drove 400's in the construction company back a while. the 400 i drove out pulled the 427's.. same tranny's and rears.  and I was a new driver pulling away from vet's..  never saw boost pressure. but when I worked at Mack, i'm pretty sure that 32 PSI was it.. Sorry, I forget some thing's even though I work on trucks everyday.....  jojo

Depending on the year 33 was max spec in 2003 

A good running 460 is in the 35 neighborhood 98- 2001 pre that seen em go to 38! That being said  Rd had limited cooling  it was hard to even get a 460 in an RD at some points in time !

Edited by fjh
  • Like 2

Ok.... I'm going to throw out, what may be a dumba$$ question... do you here this info on the C.B. Radio?  or from mechanics?   sorry,  I started my 'Period' today so I pull out some B.S.   :) Jojo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Ok.... I'm going to throw out, what may be a dumba$$ question... do you here this info on the C.B. Radio?  or from mechanics?   sorry,  I started my 'Period' today so I pull out some B.S.   :) Jojo

Damnit I’m out of reactions….anyway 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

If your at 28 loaded you have something to look into. If your hitting 33 like the other guys said your good to go. Besides 2 psi isn’t going to be a noticeable difference. 

They started ripping people off for hp when emissions  tightened every year a new regulation a lower hp  SEEN IT HAPPEN  since the 80' s

16 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

🤣🤣. No jojo. I read it hear.

• Haha 1