My 2000 e7460 setup

Bliue dm

I currently have an E-Tech 427 in my shop.   2002 according to the tag from DEX..  I have it torn down.  it's an E-Tech, cam key is offset..  no paint, so I held it like an egg till I got a paint pen to mark it. 'God  forbid I put it in backwards'.....  and as I was cleaning the block.....   #6 counterbore shelf is pitted....  I just dropped $2800.00 on a counterbore cutter, cutter plate and extra bits.....  Well there goes that paycheck,  :)  Jojo

22 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Ahhh double wall frame, we just got rid of one. Awesome truck!

Yes. I put the 4:17 in there. Forced me to use deep reduction a little more but she was a runner. It was time for engine rebuild and frame. It was more of a time thing. Can't find no one to drive an 8spd never alone having an old mack 12. Easiest; straight to the point tyranny. 

• Like 1

I assume you have a 2 pc. intake manifold..  if not look for a blown out gasket.. i have seen more at #5+#6..  do the best you can to look under the manifold..  jojo

3 minutes ago, Bliue dm said:

Yes. I put the 4:17 in there. Forced me to use deep reduction a little more but she was a runner. It was time for engine rebuild and frame. It was more of a time thing. Can't find no one to drive an 8spd never alone having an old mack 12. Easiest; straight to the point tyranny. 

I love a 12 speed mack! Eaton 8ll is good but I have found they have 3rd/7th gear sliding clutch issues

Edited by Onyx610
Spelling

I have a 'Love-Hate' thing going on.... Truth...  When I hold the right tool in my hand....  I get relief, because I know that I can do the job professionally..  So 3K sounds like a lot, but doing it right allows me to sleep good.... 'Priceless'...  jojo

2 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I have a 'Love-Hate' thing going on.... Truth...  When I hold the right tool in my hand....  I get relief, because I know that I can do the job professionally..  So 3K sounds like a lot, but doing it right allows me to sleep good.... 'Priceless'...  jojo

Can’t agree more! Especially when rebuilding an engine. Your name/business is on that engine. Basically your business card. Plus now you have that tool and you will probably do a few more so it will pay for itself eventually. Alot of these engines are going to just keep getting rebuilt as long as parts are available and the truck around it holds up. 

yes sir.. I'm Ok..  I have built more than 30 of these engines, and I have many 'correct' engine tools for E-6 and E-7/E-Tech..  I hope to build more engines in the near future, because new trucks are insane and a lot of guys are trying to buy older trucks. I can build an E-Tech at a reasonable price. I have to use PAI parts to keep it realistic, but they run.  Ive done a few that way..  Jojo

20 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

Looks like your in New England area with those patriots stickers 👎🏻 Make sure that road salt isn’t beating the hell out of your radiator/intercooler. We see a lot of that down here in PA. A lot of radiators get replaced….

I brought trick from New England. I live in N.Y. same deal though with salt. Truck has brand new frame rails. Thatz why I jumped on it.  I'm a cowboys fan. Radiator is leaking now

20 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

yes sir.. I'm Ok..  I have built more than 30 of these engines, and I have many 'correct' engine tools for E-6 and E-7/E-Tech..  I hope to build more engines in the near future, because new trucks are insane and a lot of guys are trying to buy older trucks. I can build an E-Tech at a reasonable price. I have to use PAI parts to keep it realistic, but they run.  Ive done a few that way..  Jojo

We just did an e7 with PAI. I was impressed with quality. A lot of there stuff is coated which can take a little more heat. Did exhaust manifold from them as well. Was a bitch to get started with all the air in system but she is running great.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

PAI is actually very good from what I understand. A lot of very good engine builders use there kits. Sorry bluie dm for us kinda hijacking your thread. 😕

I love it. I can talk to you guys all day. I grew up in dm. I'm only 42. I say a 673 motor. None of my friends who drive even know what I'm talking about. I say quadbox. They say they saw them on YouTube 🤣🤷🏾‍♂️. My grandfather had 5 of them. Way out of my age group but learning on one of them made me a driver

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I assume you have a 2 pc. intake manifold..  if not look for a blown out gasket.. i have seen more at #5+#6..  do the best you can to look under the manifold..  jojo

I will do. I definitely found two boost leaks already. It's suppose to warm up this week so I'm gonna dive into it.

3 minutes ago, Bliue dm said:

I will do. I definitely found two boost leaks already. It's suppose to warm up this week so I'm gonna dive into it.

Sounds like you may have found your issue, good to hear!

We won't by any new trucks. There is 7 etech between me and my friend. One vmac and one cat. The price for trucks is insane. Doesn't pay just to satisfy the driver. These macks make the same money. I look for good rails and at least 400hp

• Like 1

Mack prices are insane. 9200 full inframe with heads. Pistons treated. Pai.

Mack wants 11k for inframe and they want the old pistons back. ( I believe sleeves too). That price didn't even include heads. If I have to use Mack parts; mind as well own a kitty kat.

1 minute ago, Bliue dm said:

Mack prices are insane. 9200 full inframe with heads. Pistons treated. Pai.

Mack wants 11k for inframe and they want the old pistons back. ( I believe sleeves too). That price didn't even include heads. If I have to use Mack parts; mind as well own a kitty kat.

Mack seems to be very high on their internals. A lot of cat guys use PAI too I think for that reason. Haha