My 2000 e7460 setup

Bliue dm

Just now, Bliue dm said:

🤣🤣. No jojo. I read it hear.

Start with getting an air filter and a filter kit (should be done anyway) and then put a load on it and see what happens. If you still have the same results pressure test the charge air system and check for exhaust leaks. 

Well it's a 2000. I haven't ran it loaded. I guess my confusion comes in is this. I've driven quiet a few e7400 with s400 on them. On a cold night loaded I've seen 32ilbs of boost. It's only suppose to be a 400 tho. 95 percent of the time 28 -30lbs of boost. If 30 to 32 is it for a 460; how is mack making the extra 60hp?

Just now, Onyx610 said:

Start with getting an air filter and a filter kit (should be done anyway) and then put a load on it and see what happens. If you still have the same results pressure test the charge air system and check for exhaust leaks. 

I am. I hit 30lbs one time and truck is not loaded. Changed hot side boot from turbo to intercooler. Definitely filters tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Bliue dm said:

I'm assuming in the computer. I read that offset key for cam was in all etechs after a certain point.

Correct, I think it was white/red key color and I think it was just turned around for less or more. But yes programming, if your familiar with diesel pickups and tuners you know that well over 60hp can be achieved with the tunes and all stock injectors and turbo. It’s just all through timing and duration  

Edited by Onyx610

1 minute ago, Bliue dm said:

It donest have any blow by. It has a new cam and few other things in that area.  Does anybody know what turbos they replace them with. It's already a borgwarner so I'm assuming the same one if it was weak? 

Yea borg

No boost leaks/exhaust leaks it could be a shit turbo or a worn out engine too. But I wouldn’t worry about a few psi. Every engine has different ranges even when they are new. 

WHAT ony is talking there is where you need to be looking at! FIRST! Eliminate what you can before throwing parts Waste of money otherwise! and yup it could be a bad turbo However! Things to look for are Black smoke under load High pyrometer readings! check for boost leaks check the compressor inlet tube hose real common leak there! just sayin don't jump to conclusion on a turbo!

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bliue dm said:

I sold my 97 e7 400 with a 12spd and 4:17 rears. Had a bad frame but dam. She was a runner. 

Ahhh double wall frame, we just got rid of one. Awesome truck!

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

Fjh is one to really pay attention to like Joey Mack vmac3 and MackPro. There’s alot more but they are on here the most. Change your filters and make sure that notorious exhaust manifold isn’t leaking. Then let us know what happens. 

1 minute ago, fjh said:

nice! To bad! Double frames are a bit of a Pain that way!

Hahaha yes they are! Truck we had only had like 40k miles on it. Gave it away for 40 thousand dollars. 97 400 Eaton 8ll

Looks like your in New England area with those patriots stickers 👎🏻 Make sure that road salt isn’t beating the hell out of your radiator/intercooler. We see a lot of that down here in PA. A lot of radiators get replaced….