B61 for Sale

doubleclutchinweasel

21 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I think reversed shift pattern means overdrive also I thought that small breather indicated gas job… truck looks excellent… And yes B73 is Cummings B75 is Mack or at least that’s what they tell me ha ha… bob

I have seen a few with the compound on the right stick.  Never paid much attention to them.

All the ones I drove had the compound on the left side, and were all double-overdrive 18-speeds.

Again, I was not paying enough attention!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

TRD-37 duplex tranny in my 1945 military Mack has compound stick at the right of the main one. And it has two positions - direct and over. With neutral in between. Over shifts backwards.

Overall the tranny looks very close to a TRD-72 and its family and the main difference is inside concerning the 1st gear design. So I guess the compound stick at the right could have had common use in B-models at certain times.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

If I get a chance to go back down there, I will try to get more information about the truck.  Maybe some more pictures, too.  It is in a working mulch yard, and they are fairly busy at times.  So, I don't want to interfere with them working to look around.

Vlad, every Duplex I ever saw had the compound stick on the right.  MOST of the Triplex and Quadruplexe boxes I saw had the compound on the left.  When he said the compound on this one only had 2 positions, not the 4 on the shift plate, my first thought was that someone may have changed out the box at some time.  But, again, if I can get up under it, I might could tell more about it.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."