Steering Wheel

23 hours ago, Vladislav said:

The wheel looks nice indeed. Is that Plastikote stuff sold in spray cans? And if so is it solvent resistant after got dry?

Plastikote comes in spray cans and you are more likely to find it in a DIY store than a car parts store.

I could not vouch for its solvent resistance, I cannot remember ever having used it where that might be an issue. It dries to form a plasticky skin (hence the name I guess).

11 hours ago, paulbrook said:

Plastikote comes in spray cans and you are more likely to find it in a DIY store than a car parts store.

I could not vouch for its solvent resistance, I cannot remember ever having used it where that might be an issue. It dries to form a plasticky skin (hence the name I guess).

Thanks for the details, interesting. I doubt that brand takes place at my country's market so the way is to import. Fluids are a trouble to purchase by post so it's an additional issue. If you use the material and satisfied with the result I'm going to keep it in my mind.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

37 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Might have to go on a holiday Vlad and bring some back in your suitcase 

I'm  stunned at how well these steering wheels have come up

Paul 

No kidding Paul.

I hope the borders will get open in a year or so and I'll be able to drive to Europe. So grabbing a can of spray and putting in a trunk would be rutine. I even could put it in a luggaje bag if resolve to shake up my bones a bit and go by motorbike.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mean Green said:

found this pittsburgh craigslistScreenshot_20220125-221337_Chrome.thumb.jpg.674f100dc7c32888997136a4fae76fd1.jpg

It's also on ebay at the moment but looks like a very strange wheel to me. At least I have no idea on a model it could possibly be off.