B Model Sleeper

h67st

Integral sleeper in Danville VA on FB marketplace. He calls it an Orrville sleeper; did Orrville make the sleeper cabs for the B models? Looks like a good candidate for restoration, asking $4,500.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/536859097762073/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

Integral sleeper.jpg

Edited by h67st
  • Like 2

Yes Orville did make the sleeper cabs for all the Eastern US truck manufacturers, by modifying the new bare metal day cabs. which the manufacturers sent to Orville plus new panels and parts as required. Orville did the complete extension and painted the bare cabs, the painted cabs were then sent back to the manufacturer for completion.

I have copies of Orville original factory pictures and hand written notes, by one of the ex serviceman who worked at Orville after WW2, of how they extended the cabs.

Problem is that I cannot post attachments, I have asked what I can do but no answers.

1 hour ago, harrybarbon said:

Yes Orville did make the sleeper cabs for all the Eastern US truck manufacturers, by modifying the new bare metal day cabs. which the manufacturers sent to Orville plus new panels and parts as required. Orville did the complete extension and painted the bare cabs, the painted cabs were then sent back to the manufacturer for completion.

I have copies of Orville original factory pictures and hand written notes, by one of the ex serviceman who worked at Orville after WW2, of how they extended the cabs.

Problem is that I cannot post attachments, I have asked what I can do but no answers.

You have the attachments saved as .jpg files? Are they under 1 mg (1000 kb) size? If they're too big most photo software will let you resize them smaller. If so you should be able to drag and drop into the "attachments" box. If you can't, you could try a different browser. I usually use Firefox but it doesn't work well with photo files so I switch to Chrome so I can attach photos.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:21 PM, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Check this out...

Cool web page! In the photos toward the bottom is a Terex 33-45, it looks like it's got a 16 cylinder Detroit in it...big motor! And below that is a really weird looking Mack, the entire body must have been made by Orrville.