Big "NEW" Ford

Red Horse

10 hours ago, Licensed to kill said:

Looking at that truck reminds me of one of the MANY reasons I am grateful I don't live in Europe.

Looking at that truck says to me the Europeans haven't discovered the huge advantage front discharge mixers have over rear discharge.  Rear discharge has its place where on a big project , the mixer backs up to the hopper on a pump truck and drops the entire load. 

3 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Looking at that truck says to me the Europeans haven't discovered the huge advantage front discharge mixers have over rear discharge. 

Nor have We here in Australia, They're unheard Of.....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

if that thing is anything like the sterling sweeper we just got rid of, it will be a royal pain in the asterisk to get in and out of. 

and it looks an awful lot like the sterling cab style. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

4 hours ago, tjc transport said:

if that thing is anything like the sterling sweeper we just got rid of, it will be a royal pain in the asterisk to get in and out of. 

and it looks an awful lot like the sterling cab style. 

No connection- your Sterling cab was an earlier generation Ford Cargo cab.  I don't think there is anything in this cab that is a carry over from that early Cargo.  Not that any LCF has good cab access/egress vs a conventional😎

If you go to  You Tube...4142M Concrete Mixer Truck (2019)...there is a video that shows the steps/grab handle system.  Steps are all perforated so they are not "mud/snow" catchers.   Looks pretty good-for a LCF.  And there is even a guy attempting to explain things in English!

• Like 1