A ride in my B

Freightrain

• 2 weeks later...

Larry after reading about your truck I slid in a rear out of a freightliner air ride I wish my truck was a little longer wheel base I think it would help. Is your tranny a 15 or 13 I ended up with a double over triplex and a 3.90 rear I could of lived with the 4.64 rear I had.

Dave, it's a 15 spd(single over).  Many years ago I was looking for a double over to get more road speed out of my 4.62's.  Never happened, so I cut the gearing when I added the air ride.  The rear actually came with 3.70's but figured I'd never use OD with the old 673 so I swapped it to 4.10's.  Now I wish I had kept the 3.70's.  The 237 would likely do real nice with that ratio?  Right now it is 65 mph at 1800 rpm in OD.  I think I could knock a few RPM out of it without hurting anything.

Mike, sorry no radio or tape deck.  

Keith, I made sure it was plenty low enough...LOL!

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

12 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Yes, moved the nut.  It would only get maybe 900* on a hard pull. Now it goes about 1100*.  Fuel economy has not changed.

Well I hope the boss doesn't see the broken seal on the pump, you'll have to fire yourself for tampering with the pump.

• Haha 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.