Dual Exhaust

Agree with this. Always like a "single stack in the back" and usually on the passenger side to stay away from the noise myself.

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

40 minutes ago, fjh said:

Yup dual exhaust is just  a fashion Statement ! Not a Necessary money making item ! Want to make money keep it Simple! If you want a designer truck For looks Get your self A Pete! 

Just an opinion!

So you can look good coming in on a wrecker?????

Sorry, old habits die hard.....

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think the other side of the coin for this is sometimes it takes a bit of “flash” to attract drivers to a company.  If you rely on hiring drivers to keep your trucks moving a few bucks for accessories may mean the difference between a truck parked making no money and a truck with wheels turning.  Quality drivers are still tough to come by. 

Don’t get me wrong, I want the trucks to look good.    I have interviewed guys that only “drive Pete’s”, then why did you come in?  If a driver is only attracted to the job  by a long hood and chrome, he’s not a guy I want to hire.   

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 9:24 AM, fjh said:

Yup dual exhaust is just  a fashion Statement ! Not a Necessary money making item ! Want to make money keep it Simple! If you want a designer truck For looks Get your self A Pete! 

Just an opinion!

I've always been a dual exhaust guy, always. If it's considered a "fashion statment", then it's a statement about me and my company. I know it has it's cons, and makes no more money, but its just something I like. I wash and polish my trucks regularly and am known in my area for having some of the cleanest well taken care of older trucks. And as far as buying a Pete?? Please.............

• Like 1

I had bought a used CH613 with dual exhaust.  Complete pain the ass. DISCLAIMER: Chicago winters not good for trucks and I haul bulk road salt.  Anyway, the Y or T pipe always rotted out, the elbows always rotted out.  Was replacing parts of the exhaust system every 2 years.  By 2020 I couldn't get the right parts for dual exhaust....so converted back to single.  It came from the factory with single exhaust.

• Like 1