B models going to scrap.

I am going next week to look at 4 b models that the owner wants gone,like in scrap.I think one is a single axle tractor,one is set up as a water truck tandem,one as a tandem dump,the last I think is a tandem tractor.I believe them to be all b61’s.One owner,don’t know if they run,they did run when they were parked.I will be looking to see if they have power steering which I think they may have,anything else you may want me to check on?Can anyone put me in touch with Kevin All I see his name a lot when people are talking about parts.Will get pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

I have gone and looked at the trucks.They are for the most part trucks,the one is a b63 that does have a good cab on it.I have included a few pictures.If anyone is interested in any of the trucks you may get your self a deal,since they will be going to scrap.One is a dump as you can see,another is a single axle tractor,third one was a water truck.

8EA6EA5E-3217-43D6-B5D2-80B564388292.jpeg

1FEF1C31-3D19-4606-8313-8C678562B204.jpeg

9E785AC3-E3F7-4E32-8A35-482A5232B66C.jpeg

EE6DEEC6-2300-4614-BAC4-3C7B719CE713.jpeg

• Like 2

Restore one of those would be a fortune, makes me sad. If you ever worked the sheet metal on those old Macks, it seems to be at least twice as thick as anything we see in 2021. It's so sad to see them like this, but some things in this world cannot live forever, and some things must be organ donors so others live on. Thank you for caring enough to step in and do what you can. I commend you. 

If I had somewhere to store these trucks I would take them and strip them of anything good then scrap the rest.The one does have a good cab,fenders,hoods.You could probably get them for $1,000 for all of them.If anyone is interested I know the fellow that is in charge of getting rid of them. I think they have a few more in other locations.I am going to try and get one of the radiator shells to have as shop wall art.

There's old trucks like that sprinkled at several of their quarries. Macks and Autocars . It's strange in ways to see their newer equipment , some isn't even that dark green color as was always a must.  Kinda like seeing Kenworths that say H & K on them

I had to go take another look at the photos to see where Mark came up with the JDM reference as I didn’t see the telltale dark green. then I didn’t see the mud flap....

Is the dump body an open back rock body of some sort Mike?  Kinda looks that way with the apron angle and the chain hung mud flaps. 

To your point Mark I wonder if John Haines’s kids, will ever restore a 2020 Kenworth as a piece of company history. 

Dave

• Like 1