Scania 144

tprbsqn

I have purchased a 1996 Scania 144L 530 and I will be importing it here to the states. 

Apparently in Europe it is a trade secret on how to either remove the speed limiter or increase the speed.  Does anyone have any idea on how to do it or could you point me in the right direction.  Any assistance you could give would be greatly appreciated  It is my understanding that the engine inside the truck is:

DSC14 13 530hp Euro-2, intercooled, Bosch EDC (Electronic Diesel Control)

Best wishes 

bernie Adamson 

54D40508-3178-406C-82BE-D49409B45442.jpeg

Being a 4 series, It'll be a ECM setting /parameter & you will need Scania (or Maybe Bosch) software to Change..

It would be best(In My opinion) if you could get It Done before it Leaves Europe. Even if you remove the ECM Prior to Packing the Container & sending It somewhere Whilst the Truck's on the Water..

The 2series (Or at least the one's here in Australia) were simply a Matter of removing a Fuse..🤐

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Alex I have a small transport company based on the East coast that delivers motorcycles so I will be using it as part of the business probably using a 48 foot Kentucky trailer

Hayseed I had contacted several companies in Holland where the truck is coming from and nobody would touch it which is why I was asking on the forum, hopefully I can find the software to do it

best wishes 

Bernie

As far as i know it can be done in the Netherlands (where you bought it at least lookin at the picture )after you fixed the export papers 

www.truckgadgets.nl 

according to their website..

maybe they can give you more info.

menu-->techniek-->begrenzer aanpassen/verwijderen ( remove/calibrate speedlimiter)

On 1/20/2021 at 6:54 PM, tprbsqn said:

Scania V8 thank you for the information I have just sent them an email.

RedHorse and Alex,

i’m originally from northern Ireland however I’ve been here on the East coast for 23 years, i use to drive Scania trucks All over Europe and I always found them to be super reliable. Personally I think they are superb vehicles, I understand they are not for everyone.  Additionally there is also the “rolling billboard” effect on driving a Scania V8 Cabover on USA roads, it will certainly be noticed 🙂 

Thx for response.  I can appreciate your loyalty to the brand.  I guess I would not be as confident as you in particular if I was "running the road".  Its one thing if you are local-and in particular the "billboard effect " you mention is then a good attraction to bring customers to your business, but over the road?  I think it's not a factor.  Of more importance, if you are running the road and you have a problem, who you going to call?   I can hear it now..."You need a serpentine belt for a what"??!!

Good luck in any case.  And who knows, when the Traton purchase of International is done we might start seeing those Scania V-8's in Internationals.

Hello I think that’s a cool idea to import the truck. Where in Northern Ireland are you from. My mother in-law was from Dromore County Down. She was the only one in her family to come to the states so my wife and I go over to see her family. My interest is in fire apparatus and I always wanted to import a Green Goddess. 

Cool, I bet you’re excited for her to arrive. I’m familiar with Enniskillen. My wife’s uncle would go shooting at Crom Castle. One of my friends family is from Fivemiletown and I used to have a connection in a a a a Belleek. Oddly enough my friends cousin knew my wife’s uncle. It’s just shows how small the world is. 

Don

@RFCDrumI have his number, unfortunately he’s not able to do it, but it is a good starting point

Bob thank you for your kind words. I have wanted you bring one over for quite some time and this opportunity arose so I thought why not.  My big baby is now on the water on her way, should be interesting to see what happens in Baltimore

• Like 2

Here's a couple of Aussie Companies that may be able to help you..

https://trucktuneaustralia.com.au/

http://victoria.quantumtuning.com.au/vehicle-directory.aspx

https://chiptuning.com.au/

I have no connection whatsoever to these Companies..Just the result of a quick google search..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 8:43 AM, RFCDrum said:

Abreu Truck Service in Newark NJ is a big importer and repairer of Scania. A lot of dump truck guys still run refurbished Scanias in that area. (973)824-1450. 

Cheers.

I still a Scania dump truck occasionally in Mount Vernon NY, not too far from Newark NJ

• Like 1