Looking for info on old Mack and parts

I used to drive this truck ages ago and loved it. Truck went missing for over a decade, and just turned up at a salvage yard near me. I pulled the grill to refinish and hang in my shop. It’s in rough shape but all the slats are still there and the mechanism to open/close them still works. Only problem is the bulldog is gone and I’d like to replace it. Not sure where to source that other than eBay and not sure if there is a specific model I need. All I remember about the truck is that it’s from the mid/late 1940s. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! 

4D67A4E6-57EA-4DC4-9A1E-C90B8E9060DF.jpeg

Edited by FreidasBoss
Better pic
  • Like 1

I understand the issues of owning an antique Mack, I have 2 and 1 ford along with 6 caterpillar tractors.If you don’t have the resources then maybe you can let others know the location of this truck is.Hopefully someone steps up and save her.I just can’t understand when someone keeps the location secret when they have no interest in restoring the truck for what ever reason.

Of my uderstanding the dog must have 5 digit patent # (87931) not 7 digit newer one and also have longer ears. Higher edged to his back not his face. Check out ebay, plenty of dogs there so look all the images patiently and you will figure the true style. Non pitted ones show out for $60-$150. Be shure it's of the normal (large) size since there were smaller dogs of that old style which were used a an ash tray decoration and wouldn't look good on a grill.

BTW nice looking L-model, sorry to see it in that poor shape. Hopefully somebody will take care about it or at least use some parts for his other projects.

Vlad

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

6 hours ago, hicrop10 said:

I understand the issues of owning an antique Mack, I have 2 and 1 ford along with 6 caterpillar tractors.If you don’t have the resources then maybe you can let others know the location of this truck is.Hopefully someone steps up and save her.I just can’t understand when someone keeps the location secret when they have no interest in restoring the truck for what ever reason.

Not trying to keep it hidden Chief. Go find it at Essington Auto Parts along with three other antique trucks. Thanks for helping me identify the truck. 

I bought a L-model fire truck once.  It was a fully-enclosed crew-cab that was sitting next to a green lawn like those in the picture.  The owner claimed it sat there more than 15 years.  I knew it was not running but I bought it based only on pictures.  When it was finally towed to my place, I was very disappointed.  What the seller failed to tell me is that the lawn sprinklers have been spraying the side of the truck every night all those years.  That one side was so rusted out, bottom half of doors, floors, everything, the truck could not be restored.  So I'm just saying, be careful with old trucks sitting next to irrigated lawns.

• Like 2