Mack RD 800 and RM AWD and engine questions

Did Mack offer the RD 800 in AWD maybe for military applications? I know the set back axle RM was often offered in AWD and set up as municipal plow.

Also did the RD and RM have the same length hood only with the RM set back axle and shorter fenders?

Was the RM offered with a V8 Mack?

I build models and want to get some info for realism.

Edited by Jamaican Bulldog

10 hours ago, ThomasL said:

The RD800 was offered in AWD configuration. Not only in military applications but also in civil.

The Mack RM was also available with Mack V8 (E9)

Wow! rare beast now.  Someone mentioned that the Israel military might have had RD800 AWD and some might have been log trucks. A RM V8 is also very interesting, it seems to have the room.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 9:54 PM, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Wow! rare beast now.  Someone mentioned that the Israel military might have had RD800 AWD and some might have been log trucks. A RM V8 is also very interesting, it seems to have the room.

RD800 AWD was built and tested in both Canadian and American logging industries in a tractor multiple trailer application.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was on vacation up to Mt. Katahdin camping and we drove up into paper company lands and there is not anyway you could place another log on the trucks that run the golden road. The triaxles had bunkers higher than I see around my area you gave the trucks the right away it was their road. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/15/2020 at 4:44 PM, Bullheaded said:

Funny you don't see many NEW trucks with loads like that. LOL

And you won’t neither nothing new is gonna pull like those old RD 800 tin nose Mack’s take the egr,def,computers, auto gear boxes and they can stick them where the sun don’t shine all junk!!!!! I drove the RD 882 in a roll off truck DM 600&800  tin nose and fiberglass hoods in tandem dumps and mixer trucks R model tandem dumps I love old school Bulldog Mack’s