1970 GMC K1500

j hancock

28 minutes ago, RoadwayR said:

No big blocks in GM 4X4 light trucks until the 1980's.  

Could you order them with a big block if that’s what you wanted? I’m just curious and have no clue. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

Could you order them with a big block if that’s what you wanted? I’m just curious and have no clue. 

No, not available as an option.  I know for a number of years the only automatic transmission in 4X4's was the Turbo 350, maybe that had something to do with it.  Saw a lot of 400 Small Blocks in GM 4X4's during the 70's.  Even when GMC was putting the V-6 in pickups, only the 305 was available in 4X4's, the 351 was 4X2 only.   

• Like 1

Over the years I’ve had 5 of them from 74-80, last 1 I put a pretty good 454 in, it was a very fun truck. Motor & drive train is still in the family, my nephew found my old 75 K5 that I had & it’s in it now. 

• Like 1

i was driving a 75  K5 brand new,,,it belonged to my boss at the time.....i really liked it....and jim,,,that 70 is gorgeous...thanks for posting...it almost looks like the one they use in TV ad for future steel buildings....bob

• Like 1