Superliner; Heavy Single frame, do they exist?

Is there such a thing as a heavy single frame on a superliner? I found a RW700 and it supposedly has a "heavy single frame". I'd love to put a dump body on this truck and I'd love to not deal with a double frames inevitable spread but am worried it wouldn't be a good idea for a dump.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, BucketTrucker688 said:

Is there such a thing as a heavy single frame on a superliner? I found a RW700 and it supposedly has a "heavy single frame". I'd love to put a dump body on this truck and I'd love to not deal with a double frames inevitable spread but am worried it wouldn't be a good idea for a dump.

Quote:

There is the RW713 that the Superliner II had a heavy single 10 1/2" deep frame. It is 3/8 thick. There is another tread here that shows the frame spec for the frames. I would not be afraid of putting a dump on a Superliner that had this frame. Think is maybe stronger than a RW613 double frame.

The frame that is under my Superliner at the moment is a RW613 front with the heavy RW713 frame with air ride Rockwell lockers spliced under the cab and rearward, it was camelback suspension. It is stout and spliced.

This is the frame spec table that shows that the  RW700  heavy single frame is stronger than the smaller RW600 double frame.

Edited by AZB755V8
  • Like 1

Just now, Jamaican Bulldog said:

How come some Superliners have the air cleaners outside the hood like the R models and some don't? I build model trucks and want to make sure I get a Superliner right.

It was an option with the exterior air cleaners. Same as duel or single stack.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BucketTrucker688 said:

Thank you gentlemen, yeah it's a RW700..it has the 400 Cummins and a 13 speed. I still don't know of axles and suspension yet. Or even if there's enough frame. I'd love to add a lift axle and a 16' body. 2d3846987ece06cfd144eadd6a6e31fa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Light frame and fronts on that truck. Probably better candidates around for making a tri.