LT8000

Bullheaded

I know. I'm in love, LOL I'd rather drive this than the loaded 2020 4900 Western Star, LOL

It's got one crack in the passenger side dash top and the door weather stripping and window felts are pretty dried out and brittle. That's about it.

yes i always liked those......drove 3 of them for 3 differant outfits......great truck...first one was a hertz rental....318 detroit..in 1977.was the first truck i ever drove with a AM radio in the ceiling....i was pissing myself to have tunes.....have a ball with it....would look better in my garage...lol...have a ball with it...bob

8 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

Really nice looking unit.  

I remember being amazed at the huge cab with a big windshield after being so used to Loadstars .  That was before I discovered Mack was the best . LOL 

Beggars can't be choosers snowdog....can't find any Mack's around here in salt country that aren't completely rotten. My volunteer fire dept had an old R Model but it is already long gone. 

That's like me mowerman. I drove quite a few Ford's bu they were all Detroit powered. Except for an LTL that had a 3406B 400 Cat.

There were a LOT of 3208's around here back in the day, but this is the first one I ever drove. Not a powerhouse but it sounds good.

16 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Beggars can't be choosers snowdog....can't find any Mack's around here in salt country that aren't completely rotten. My volunteer fire dept had an old R Model but it is already long gone. 

I didn't mean anything negative about the Fords. Worn out Fords and International were all we could afford. They all ran well ,and never really let us down.

This one had a gas engine. I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in it. It just kept going. 

fullsizeoutput_5e.thumb.jpeg.7fcb1a8afbe6a6704ec73c7c7c2438a2.jpeg

It's kind of interesting that around me , even though I live a little over an hour from the Oakville Plant. There wasn't many Macks. Municipalities and fire departments all had Ford or International.With some Dodges in there to.  

I didn't get my first Mack till 1998.  My RD685s.  A 13 year old truck cost me almost $30,000. At the same time I could have got a Ford or International for a lot less.

Hind sight , It was a good decision to get a Mack. It worked In every Snowstorm for the next 21 years, and never let me down once. 

Keith 

No worries, I know you weren't being negative. The R was my all time favorite truck. Looks like we were both into the same kind of thing Snowdog. Sorry the pic is blurry, but didn't have many pics from the old days. But we used to put an MTO sander on every winter up until the MTO disbanded and started contracting out for all highway maintenance.

This was my 78 S-Line. NTC270 Cummins. Dump truck in summer, sander in winter.

I used to like that sanding job. It was nice and simple back then. You didn't have to deal with all those liquid de-icing agents and crap. And you could put out how ever much material you wanted to.

We also had an LT9000 same blue as yours, with a 318 Detroit, and a Fleetstar.

IMG_0009.jpg

Edited by Bullheaded
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

I used to like that sanding job. It was nice and simple back then. You didn't have to deal with all those liquid de-icing agents and crap. And you could put out how ever much material you wanted to.

O the good old days. When you had a simple hydraulic controller to set spinner and conveyor . And your supervisor trusted you to put down the amount of product you thought was appropriate for the conditions.   

• Like 1

Keith 

22 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

I didn't mean anything negative about the Fords. Worn out Fords and International were all we could afford. They all ran well ,and never really let us down.

This one had a gas engine. I spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in it. It just kept going. 

fullsizeoutput_5e.thumb.jpeg.7fcb1a8afbe6a6704ec73c7c7c2438a2.jpeg

It's kind of interesting that around me , even though I live a little over an hour from the Oakville Plant. There wasn't many Macks. Municipalities and fire departments all had Ford or International.With some Dodges in there to.  

I didn't get my first Mack till 1998.  My RD685s.  A 13 year old truck cost me almost $30,000. At the same time I could have got a Ford or International for a lot less.

Hind sight , It was a good decision to get a Mack. It worked In every Snowstorm for the next 21 years, and never let me down once. 

Keith was that old Ford one of your Dad's? I can kind of make out septic pumping on the door. There were lots of Mack's around me years ago when Oakville was still building trucks but IH and Ford definitely had the market cornered on firetrucks and county trucks

32 minutes ago, alex g said:

Keith was that old Ford one of your Dad's?

Yes it was Alex.  After living in sanders for 3 winters ,I was able to get a contract for a plow ,and put my own plow on. A 1979 International S series with a DT 466 and a 13 speed. 

Keith