Trunnion bar

MACKS

Pricking parts,Stengel Bros list the bar for 611.59 thought it would be more,add in every thing else needed comes to 1200 plus the cost of u-bolts,have to get price to n them,I would guess 2,000 + for labor to install,I'm thinking 3500 out the door..

18 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Thats pretty unlucky

All the pounding my 58's have had and apart from been badly worn they have never broken a trunnion

Dunno if they are a big job to fix or not 

Paul 

It's a big job,best left to a spring shop,u need the big air guns and the right jacks and a damn good back,I don't have any of those items anymore..

• Like 2

It's a job, yea, but my dad and I did ours a few years ago, snapped through between spring and the tower.  New sucker weighs about 300 lbs!  But you don't need any air guns for it.  You need a torch for disassembly and a monster breaker bar or ratchet with a 10 ft cheater pipe and somewhere to sit on the floor where you can work the ratchet for reassembly. Ideally with something to put your feet against for traction. Need 2 people, one to work the ratchet and the other to hold the ratchet on the ubolt nut. When one person is worn out, switch places!

Edited by JoeH
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KKERGALL said:

Did you ever fix this ?? Local Const. Co had a new / excess trunnion tube will have to call them to see if they still have. 85QK249 ?? have to double check P/N.

Thanks, Rich

Yup all done,one day in the spring shop,thanks! 

• Like 1