Big Boy 4014 and 4004

MHfred

Love to see it in person! 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

In case you did not see or could not open the steam club attachment here are some details. 4014 is touring again and here are some of her stops. Maybe some of you will be lucky enough to see her.

Display locations include:

• Oct. 2-3: Provo, Utah

• Oct. 7: Las Vegas, Nev.

• Oct. 10-11: Greater Los Angeles Area

• Oct. 18: Tucson, Ariz.

• Oct. 21-22: El Paso, Texas

• Like 1

4014 came thru town last month. Took the wife and kids to go is chug thru town.  it only had about 10 cars in tow and it was not hammering the ground like I had thought it would. In fact is sounded more like a air pump as it went past as it was not under heavy throttle with such a short train. Im sure when they put some weight behind it she will come to life and put on a good show.   The the next day a friend and I went to where they parked it for the weekend.  its most impressive when you can view it without people standing in the way.  you can see the craftsmanship that was put into getting her rebuilt.   amazing to think I was able to see "the worlds largest" steam locomotive in operation.