working dogs taking a break

On 8/21/2019 at 9:00 PM, JoeH said:

Good fleet; I'm partial to the green Mack's hood.

Interesting how we all like different things.   i much prefer the pre-facelift hood.  I do wish the 87 RD had the air-ride cab that the green one has though. 

Not exactly sure why but The superliner rides like a cadillac compared to the other two.

Longer hood, you're further from the steer axle I'd bet. I like the new R hood partly because the R was such a long running model, and the hood bought it another 10+ years before switching to the granite, which is also a sharp looking truck.

I wonder if Mack would still be using the R model if they didn't sell out to Volvo.

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

Longer hood, you're further from the steer axle I'd bet. I like the new R hood partly because the R was such a long running model, and the hood bought it another 10+ years before switching to the granite, which is also a sharp looking truck.

I wonder if Mack would still be using the R model if they didn't sell out to Volvo.

I think they phased out the R model because of interior room. it was always alright for me though.    terry:MackLogo:

I like  the newer cab CL is my favorite chassis if it had the new Granite cab on it it would have been perfect in my eyes !

CL713

Eteck 460 fuller 18 sp .  mack ,  t200  diffs 44's  on camel back PERFECT! easy to service Tuff what more can u ask! 😎

Edited by fjh

3 hours ago, terry said:

I think they phased out the R model because of interior room. it was always alright for me though.    terry:MackLogo:

I hear you on interior room, but 98% of non OTR trucking never has a passenger to warrant more space. In the 11 years I've been driving I've had a passenger less than 10 times, with the exception of when I was on my permit. 

Granite was designed more or less for the construction market, which is all about tonnage, and last thing a company wants is an extra 200 lbs of waste cargo taking away from payload.  That being said, I test drove a 2004 granite last winter and it was a really sweet cab. Great replacement for the R model.