The things you see on the job

B MACK

3 hours ago, hicrop10 said:

What of Montana are you in?Ivisited karaspell about 10 years ago,beautiful country.

When I am at home, I'm in the Kalispell area,    about 15 miles outa town.   But it seems that road construction keeps me living all over the state more than at home.   This job was just east of Thompson Falls.  Next week they are ready for side dumps over east, north of Galata.    But that will be only 200 miles from the house.    Its a big state, over 600 miles across.     Some pretty country thru out , but I prefer the western part with the mountains and trees.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JoeH said:

Not your ordinary hippy, that's a pro-USA rocket Mack-retro hippy van! 

Those are anti Unicorn Rockets. . .thought Olama banned them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Montana is beautiful.. When we went to the Yakima WA ATHS show we ran MT 200 almost all the way across, and after we did Glacier Natl Park on the way home I forget what we ran,, dropped south??

Brocky

On 7/2/2019 at 10:01 PM, B MACK said:

Working on a highway construction job , you get to see some interesting things,     But unlike Other Dog,   I am never lucky to have the camera handy when those "girls in the car"  go by.       But we have had a lot of big loads go thru .   And there was this hippy van with flowers , rockets and half dogs on the little mud flaps.     The  old half dogs.

100_1579.JPG

100_1581.JPG

100_1580.JPG

first pic, is that a tank for an on site water truck? 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:41 AM, tjc transport said:

first pic, is that a tank for an on site water truck? 

Yes it is for a CAT, haul truck type I think.     But maybe for a big scraper type water wagon ?       One of the other guys said he'd heard the it holds 52,000 gallons ?