Operation Desert Storm Macks

20 hours ago, m16ty said:

My truck is actually a 1985. When it was procured by the military in 1991, I have documentation it had 2,300 miles. I don’t know if my truck was the one that came from Mack used trucks, or it was somehow unused in Mack inventory. That is the main mystery I have about the truck now, what did it do to only have 2,300 miles from 1985 until 1991? I have the original order form from the Mack Museum, and it was ordered by Theriault Brothers Logging through Mack of Maine back in 1985.

The truck has a Mack E-9 500hp engine and Mack 12-speed trans. I have added a 2-speed Fuller auxiliary trans also since I’ve had the truck.

They aren't only logging they also have Therault Boys Trucking, C.A. Logging and A.F. Therault Ship  Building (a few billion a year on Navy /Coast  Guard contracts and sub contracts for Bath). could have been used in any of those but probably the ship yard for transport. One of them is in my VNVA  post in Scarborough. I could mention the Desert Storm Mack and see what he says at the Veterans Day gathering.   Paul

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, 41chevy said:

They aren't only logging they also have Therault Boys Trucking, C.A. Logging and A.F. Therault Ship  Building (a few billion a year on Navy /Coast  Guard contracts and sub contracts for Bath). could have been used in any of those but probably the ship yard for transport. One of them is in my VNVA  post in Scarborough. I could mention the Desert Storm Mack and see what he says at the Veterans Day gathering.   Paul

The Theraults probably wouldn’t know anything about the military operation. Mack had possession of the truck at the time of the military order, so either they traded the truck back to Mack, or they ordered the truck but didn’t take possession.

All I have is their name listed on the order form, I don’t have any documentation saying that they actually took the truck after it was built, so they may or may not have followed through with the purchase after they ordered it.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:40 AM, m16ty said:

My truck is actually a 1985. When it was procured by the military in 1991, I have documentation it had 2,300 miles. I don’t know if my truck was the one that came from Mack used trucks, or it was somehow unused in Mack inventory. That is the main mystery I have about the truck now, what did it do to only have 2,300 miles from 1985 until 1991? I have the original order form from the Mack Museum, and it was ordered by Theriault Brothers Logging through Mack of Maine back in 1985.

The truck has a Mack E-9 500hp engine and Mack 12-speed trans. I have added a 2-speed Fuller auxiliary trans also since I’ve had the truck.

Does carfax work for big trucks or is there an equivalent that exist? Sometimes sites like those can be very detailed to the registration and history of vehicles which could help indicate more of the truck's history before Desert Storm.

• 2 years later...

I stumbled upon this site doing some google searches. I’m also one of the drivers from Desert Storm. These were awesome trucks. I didn’t know the back story, so thank you Mack for getting us these trucks! I know this post is old but I’d like to share a few more photos, if I can figure out how.