Was the Mack CL sold in Australian Market?

21 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Yeah , We got 'em.. Can't remember them being real Plentiful though..

Related image

Image result for Australian  CL Mack images

Image result for Australian  CL Mack images

Thank you. I build models and wanted to convert a diecast Franklin mint CL into an Australian version but could'nt find suitable pics of what it should look like. Especially the lights and air intakes etc.

12 hours ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Thank you. I build models and wanted to convert a diecast Franklin mint CL into an Australian version but could'nt find suitable pics of what it should look like. Especially the lights and air intakes etc.

The Australian ones were built on an r model chassis. Depending how detailed your model will be, you might find that info useful. 

• Like 2

On 6/14/2019 at 3:30 AM, james j neiweem said:

Why buy a Cl when you can buy custom built Australian Superliners,Tridents and Titans.

The Trident & Titan weren't about when the CH &CL's were current...

From memory the CL was available in both "Elite" & "Select" versions. I seem to remember the E9 powered ones being Called Superliners.. But happy to be corrected though.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

The Trident & Titan weren't about when the CH &CL's were current...

From memory the CL was available in both "Elite" & "Select" versions. I seem to remember the E9 powered ones being Called Superliners.. But happy to be corrected though.

I believe your right. I also seem to see lots around with Detroit series 60 engines. 

• Like 1

The ones in those pictures above look different than american cl 's ,those aussie ones look to have a sharper drop to the hood and fenders look different . I have seen pics from new zealand that look just like american ones . 

13 hours ago, 41180 said:

The ones in those pictures above look different than american cl 's ,those aussie ones look to have a sharper drop to the hood and fenders look different . I have seen pics from new zealand that look just like american ones . 

I think most Australian conventional cabbed trucks have cabs mounted higher than normal to try and keep the cab floor cool enough to put your feet on.

This may have something to do with the hood (bonnet) been steeper as all bonnets are mad in Australia.

Paul 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...