Paccar redesigns powertrain website

kscarbel2

9 minutes ago, james j neiweem said:

About seventy years behind Mack; however the Paccar product is all Paccar front to back with a little help from subsidiary DAF.

Yes my thought on Mack-but when you look at the options, looks like at this point a very narrow market. 

The only trans is a 12 spd AMT.  I am told pavers around here don't want AMTs as they don't work well with paving machines-maybe BS-just what one guy told me who works for a good size used equipment store-trucks and construction-he just took in 5 Pinnacles with 500m miles and M drives-dry freight trucks.

Also their only rear is a 40,000.  And their front is a 20,000!  Talk about a mismatched axle pair.  

Kevin-assuming trans and axles come from EU? 

8 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Yes my thought on Mack-but when you look at the options, looks like at this point a very narrow market. 

The only trans is a 12 spd AMT.  I am told pavers around here don't want AMTs as they don't work well with paving machines-maybe BS-just what one guy told me who works for a good size used equipment store-trucks and construction-he just took in 5 Pinnacles with 500m miles and M drives-dry freight trucks.

Also their only rear is a 40,000.  And their front is a 20,000!  Talk about a mismatched axle pair.  

Kevin-assuming trans and axles come from EU?

Same tranny..........https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/56758-eaton-displays-retarder-equipped-next-generation-endurant-transmission-at-shanghai-auto-show/

On another note, I asked Eaton for years to once more offer a transmission for the global market set up for a retarder installation, but they arrogantly refused. Eaton hasn't offered a retarder-capable global market transmission since the fully synchronized 16-speed RTS(O)-xx316A. I don't know if the US market will see it though. Hard to beat the Voith retarder.

2 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Same tranny..........https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/56758-eaton-displays-retarder-equipped-next-generation-endurant-transmission-at-shanghai-auto-show/

On another note, I asked Eaton for years to once more offer a transmission for the global market set up for a retarder installation, but they arrogantly refused. Eaton hasn't offered a retarder-capable global market transmission since the fully synchronized 16-speed RTS(O)-xx316A. I don't know if the US market will see it though. Hard to beat the Voith retarder.

So trans is Eaton? as Maxidyne says.  Less than honest spin by Paccar 

39 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

So trans is Eaton? as Maxidyne says.  Less than honest spin by Paccar 

No different than their "PX" range of Engines.. They're just Cummins Engines painted Silver.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

4 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Does Eaton sell many transmissions in Europe anymore? Seemed like a lot of Eaton transmissions got installed in the British trucks, but now that they're gone...

7 hours ago, Maxidyne said:

Does Eaton sell many transmissions in Europe anymore? Seemed like a lot of Eaton transmissions got installed in the British trucks, but now that they're gone...

No. Nor China. ZF took most of Eaton’s global market share.

10 hours ago, Hayseed said:

No different than their "PX" range of Engines.. They're just Cummins Engines painted Silver.

Right-and I dont see how those economics work.  Another disruption to the Cummins production line I would imagine to paint them silver and tweak them however Paccar wants?   takes me back to the late 60's when Cat designed the 3208-with I believe some Ford money??-and it started life as a  Ford exclusive.  But this is different.  International is taking those same engines and sticking them in the MV-red color and all I believe.  I would have to think they are getting a better price than Paccar.

seems like a Hollywood movie set to me....open the door and there is nothing in back of it🙄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Cummins let's many companies use their engine. I believe there's Chinese companies that lease the license to build their motors.I have seen a 6 .7 labeled as a Beta Power motor in a McCormick tractor, as a iveco in a Case tractor and called a Cummins in a Versatile tractor. 

Pretty sure that Was a joint venture between Cummins & CNH called consolidated Diesel Company (CDC)

But happy to be corrected.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

10 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Pretty sure that Was a joint venture between Cummins & CNH called consolidated Diesel Company (CDC)

But happy to be corrected.

CDC Started in 1978 between Cummins and J.I. Case. Case and Cummins designed and built the B and C model engines. Fiat later bought Ford/new Holland then years later case. 

• Like 1