Willy Nelson Trucking LLC. ????

Mack Technician

Spent 3 days this week in a training course with our company’s hydraulics trainer. He drops in from Oregon once a year. We’re going over Marijuana/alcohol regulations being enforced back home and abroad. He says no major fall-out from the pot legalization except kids eating THC candy. Anything we can’t figure out we googled, like why can a CDL driver’s BAC (in a personal vehicle) not exceed .04 when the standard is .08, etc. When it came to CDL and THC there wasn’t a lot of solid, available, info on how they are going to handle testing since it lingers in your circulatory system. Is there chatter in the fleets? Are they treating it as “federal DOT” so zero tolerance across the board, period? 

Edited by Mack Technician

4 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Spent 3 days this week in a training course with our company’s hydraulics trainer. He drops in from Oregon once a year. We’re going over Marijuana/alcohol regulations being enforced back home and abroad. He says no major fall-out from the pot legalization except kids eating THC candy. Anything we can’t figure out we googled, like why can a CDL driver’s BAC (in a personal vehicle) not exceed .04 when the standard is .08, etc. When it came to CDL and THC there wasn’t a lot of solid, available, info on how they are going to handle testing since it lingers in your circulatory system. Is there chatter in the fleets? Are they treating it as “federal DOT” so zero tolerance across the board, period? 

best I can gather is ZERO tolerance

Edited by carlotpilot

Although it is legal in some states, your CDL is a Federally issued permit. The Feds have not recognized medical pot so…...see above

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Pot might be legal in some states, but it's illegal in all states due to federal law. So even if you're smoking it in a "legal" state, you're still breaking federal law. All states have adopted US DOT regulations for cars and trucks, so federal law applies to roads. There's some variations, primarily on bridge formulas and peak gvwr, but the core stuff is all pretty much the same.

Zero Tolerance.

• Like 2

Another advantage to being retired, I no longer have to pee in a cup to keep my job!  I've never touched the stuff, but was tested more times than I can remember during my 28 years on the job.  Even my Chief knew it was unnecessary for me to get "randomly" picked as often as I was.  He told me one time to just consider myself as part of the "control group"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t disagree with necessity. You can eventually get sick and tired of a lifetime parole for which you get no credit for good behavior, like with Dave. 

One time I went in and there was this old fella doing the tests. He looked like he was in great shape for his age, solid built and about retirement age. Talked to him for a while and realized he was one of those disciplined life military guys. Real frank about things, straight talk, no B.S. I asked him “you do this pretty regular, how many do you get?”. He said “I never know with the urine tests, but I had a guy come in a few weeks back, early morning, not a urine test, he pulled the random breathalyzer. He blew positive, a real low number. I said to the guy blowing “what you been drinking, this is suppose to read zero?” He told me “Super Bowl Sunday and his team won”. I threw out the test and zero’ed one for him. You can’t expect this guy to pass clean the morning after a Super Bowl!!”. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Never plan on being a stoner, don't smoke, seldom drink and it fascinates me...…………….Stoner dude sits at home smoking state-approved weed & eat'in Cheetos, Democratic politicians boast whimsically about how many drugs they did in college, the companies CEO has a chrome box for his nose candy and Mr.BlueCollar is told "stay sober, clean, and your going to piss in a cup if you wanna get paid (or score a job)".     

MOXIE Addict I bet  :loldude:

• Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

9 hours ago, 41chevy said:

MOXIE Addict I bet  :loldude:

Just cause you cut the can open and lick the brown dried soda out of the bottom doesn’t mean your an addict. Right? I mean everybody does that? 

Speaking of making new addicts..... somewhere in the Midwest the feds (USPS) are bringing a shipment to Maine. Twigs Farmer’s Brewery butterscotch root beer. 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

Just cause you cut the can open and lick the brown dried soda out of the bottom doesn’t mean your an addict. Right? I mean everybody does that? 

Speaking on making new addicts..... somewhere in the Midwest the feds (USPS) are bringing a shipment to Maine. Twigs Farmer’s Brewery butterscotch root beer. 

tenor.gif.458361060fdef446685166c7c7cf83d2.gif

• Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I remember 25 odd years back, my work(machine shop), the owner was going to mandate random testing.  I said  "Good".  The only problem was we had a couple guys that said "Save your money".  They were good machinist, had good skills and didn't miss work.  We didn't have safety issues.  It was short lived and never tried testing again.  Granted they aren't driving 80K lbs trucks, but getting caught up in a big lathe isn't a good thing either.

In my 33 years, we've only had one bad incident and that was just pure stupidity on the operator.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"