1984 Mack RD800

I have that brochure. That is in Quebec i'm pretty sure. That is where they run multiple trailers, the east coast.

Out west used to be all fat trucks like Mack CL350ST and Hayes, Pacific and KW. But they have mostly all gone to tri-drive road legal trucks now.

We have RD's and CL's like that here with planetary rear ends but they only pull single 16 foot wide trailers. Too many big hills here.

• Like 1

Years ago I vacationed in the paper company's lands up in main up past kattaden park I know bad spelling , on their roads the triaxle loads looked like that top heavy and the last thing the guy told me at the check in gate if you see a truck coming get the hell off the road they have the right of way it's their roads and the trucks really rolled on those dirt roads.

I'll agree to that Dave.  A friend of mine went on the Golden Road while he was visiting the area.  After seeing the size of the loads and the speeds that the rigs were traveling certainly give meaning to this "haul" road.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.