CL713 steering box

2000CL713

in need of 2 new steering boxes for a 2000 CL713. mack says they dont make anymore. 

left is - 20QC4328M

right is - 20QC378AM

does anymore know where i can get them or who makes them or some sort of info??? 

can anyone cross these numbers with other numbers? these are the mack numbers and they dont seem to come up anywhere. 

new resized.jpg

PRO STEERING SYSTEMS, INC
11051 N. VANCOUVER WAY
PORTLAND, OR 97217

Phone 503-289-7899
Toll-Free 800-650-4145
Fax 503-289-9155

OEM #                                          part #          Mfgr

They show no  20QC4328M
20QC4336 292SDR MACK
Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Steering gears no longer available for a model year 2000 truck? Incredible. The Volvo 15-year parts rule rings true.

Are reman units still available from the OEM manufacturer - Sheppard?   (https://www.rhsheppard.com/contact/)

For example, your 392 series Sheppard (20QC4328M), what did the folks at Sheppard technical support say? ..........1-800-274-7437

20QC378AM       Sheppard 292SP6

20QC4328AM      Sheppard 392SBX

i havent called anymore else today other then mack and thats what they told me and give me those numbers. was at work all day. 

i guess i will call Sheppard and see what they can do for me. my only issues is i cant have the truck down. 

thanks again for all the help guys. really sucks the dealer offers no help for these older trucks anymore for many parts. just getting a simple exhaust part nowadays has turned into a huge ordeal since the dealer has no idea what your talking about or have people working for them that never even seen a CL and there systems dont have part numbers for this old of a truck or no longer making parts.

i have both these steering boxes and rebuilt one more axle and replace my exhaust and my truck will be set. i have replaced/rebuilt/upgraded every other part i could other wise from front to back on this truck. 

• Thanks 1

new resized.jpg

8 hours ago, 2000CL713 said:

i havent called anymore else today other then mack and thats what they told me and give me those numbers. was at work all day. 

i guess i will call shepards and see what they can do for me. my only issues is i cant have the truck down. 

thanks again for all the help guys. really sucks the dealer offers no help for these older trucks anymore for many parts. just getting a simple exhaust part nowadays has turned into a huge ordeal since the dealer has no idea what your talking about or have people working for them that never even seen a CL and there systems dont have part numbers for this old of a truck or no longer making parts.

i have both these steering boxes and rebuilt one more axle and replace my exhaust and my truck will be set. i have replaced/rebuilt/upgraded every other part i could other wise from front to back on this truck. 

My understanding is, and it appears evident, Volvo doesn't want to supply parts for trucks over 15 years old.

Are you working with Nextran?

14 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

My understanding is, and it appears evident, Volvo doesn't want to supply parts for trucks over 15 years old.

Are you working with Nextran?

22 hours ago, 2000CL713 said:

i guess i will call Sheppard and see what they can do for me. my only issues is i cant have the truck down. 

I haven't had any trouble getting parts for my 96 CL, they run the VIN and everything is there, the only thing they couldn't get was an exhaust bracket for driver side, I wanted to put dual exhaust on but no go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MACKS said:

I haven't had any trouble getting parts for my 96 CL, they run the VIN and everything is there, the only thing they couldn't get was an exhaust bracket for driver side, I wanted to put dual exhaust on but no go.

i wish that was the case for me but sadly it isnt. this is nothing new tho. this has been going on for the last 5 or so years. its gone down hill and it have heard it for many and even some people on here. im sure it will catch up to everyone at some point. i didnt think it would happen to me either until they let go of all the old timers there that i seen for almost 20 years buying from there. one time i went there everything was good and the next time i went all new people and no one knew jack shit unless its a volvo part. cant even tell you how many times they gave me parts for my CL and it was a for a volvo. they dont even know that doesnt belong on my truck. 

thankfully my truck came from the factory with dual exhaust bc trying to get parts now to make it as such would be a nightmare. i had to replace the pipe right off the turbo. it took them a month to fine one and when they did it was for a volvo. i had to go crazy to get the dam thing. they all looked at me like i have no idea what im talking about or wanted to act as if my truck doesnt have it. as if my turbo doesnt have an exhaust attached to it lol  

never mind the ordeal with computer shit or even rearend parts. its a shit show at best. 

new resized.jpg

all the could do which tool them a week to do after bullshit back and forth is give me those numbers i posted in my first post. thats all the info they have in there system. my VIN does nothing for them anymore it seems like and just within the last month they said they got new computers and are deleteing alot of mack only stuff (like older macks like mine) out of it. 

like i said. having them find into on a exhuast part or even a water pump is a nightmare 

new resized.jpg

Gabrielli Mack on Long Island always got me parts I needed for my R with no issues and the Mack dealer in Richmond Va just last week got me parts for it in a few days with no issues, think your dealer just can't be bothered. Call Watts  1-888-304-6225 (who owns this site) and ask for Barry in parts and tell him you're from the BMT site.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I have bought from watts before. And it has nothing to do with the dealer being bothered. They are changing over. Getting rid of people. It's happening in alot of places. Just a matter of time is all. This was never a problem up until 5 years ago when Volvo came in hard and changed everything and let people go. 

• Like 1

new resized.jpg

On 12/18/2018 at 10:20 PM, 2000CL713 said:

i wish that was the case for me but sadly it isnt. this is nothing new tho. this has been going on for the last 5 or so years. its gone down hill and it have heard it for many and even some people on here. im sure it will catch up to everyone at some point. i didnt think it would happen to me either until they let go of all the old timers there that i seen for almost 20 years buying from there. one time i went there everything was good and the next time i went all new people and no one knew jack shit unless its a volvo part. cant even tell you how many times they gave me parts for my CL and it was a for a volvo. they dont even know that doesnt belong on my truck. 

thankfully my truck came from the factory with dual exhaust bc trying to get parts now to make it as such would be a nightmare. i had to replace the pipe right off the turbo. it took them a month to fine one and when they did it was for a volvo. i had to go crazy to get the dam thing. they all looked at me like i have no idea what im talking about or wanted to act as if my truck doesnt have it. as if my turbo doesnt have an exhaust attached to it lol  

never mind the ordeal with computer shit or even rearend parts. its a shit show at best. 

Any chance you might have a few pictures of your duel exhaust layout?