Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
2000CL713

CL713 steering box

Recommended Posts

in need of 2 new steering boxes for a 2000 CL713. mack says they dont make anymore. 

left is - 20QC4328M

right is - 20QC378AM

does anymore know where i can get them or who makes them or some sort of info??? 

can anyone cross these numbers with other numbers? these are the mack numbers and they dont seem to come up anywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PRO STEERING SYSTEMS, INC
11051 N. VANCOUVER WAY
PORTLAND, OR 97217
 

Phone 503-289-7899
Toll-Free 800-650-4145
Fax 503-289-9155

 

 

 

OEM #                                          part #          Mfgr

     
  They show no  20QC4328M
20QC4336 292SDR MACK
Edited by 41chevy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steering gears no longer available for a model year 2000 truck? Incredible. The Volvo 15-year parts rule rings true.

Are reman units still available from the OEM manufacturer - Sheppard?   (https://www.rhsheppard.com/contact/)

For example, your 392 series Sheppard (20QC4328M), what did the folks at Sheppard technical support say? ..........1-800-274-7437

20QC378AM       Sheppard 292SP6

20QC4328AM      Sheppard 392SBX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call Sheppard directly or have your local dealer call them I had them make one  for a1969 dm 800  Sheppard is great to deal with everyone told me the box was not available but Sheppard made one 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i havent called anymore else today other then mack and thats what they told me and give me those numbers. was at work all day. 

i guess i will call Sheppard and see what they can do for me. my only issues is i cant have the truck down. 

thanks again for all the help guys. really sucks the dealer offers no help for these older trucks anymore for many parts. just getting a simple exhaust part nowadays has turned into a huge ordeal since the dealer has no idea what your talking about or have people working for them that never even seen a CL and there systems dont have part numbers for this old of a truck or no longer making parts.

i have both these steering boxes and rebuilt one more axle and replace my exhaust and my truck will be set. i have replaced/rebuilt/upgraded every other part i could other wise from front to back on this truck. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2000CL713 said:

i havent called anymore else today other then mack and thats what they told me and give me those numbers. was at work all day. 

i guess i will call shepards and see what they can do for me. my only issues is i cant have the truck down. 

thanks again for all the help guys. really sucks the dealer offers no help for these older trucks anymore for many parts. just getting a simple exhaust part nowadays has turned into a huge ordeal since the dealer has no idea what your talking about or have people working for them that never even seen a CL and there systems dont have part numbers for this old of a truck or no longer making parts.

i have both these steering boxes and rebuilt one more axle and replace my exhaust and my truck will be set. i have replaced/rebuilt/upgraded every other part i could other wise from front to back on this truck. 

My understanding is, and it appears evident, Volvo doesn't want to supply parts for trucks over 15 years old.

Are you working with Nextran?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

My understanding is, and it appears evident, Volvo doesn't want to supply parts for trucks over 15 years old.

Are you working with Nextran?

 

22 hours ago, 2000CL713 said:

i havent called anymore else today other then mack and thats what they told me and give me those numbers. was at work all day. 

i guess i will call Sheppard and see what they can do for me. my only issues is i cant have the truck down. 

thanks again for all the help guys. really sucks the dealer offers no help for these older trucks anymore for many parts. just getting a simple exhaust part nowadays has turned into a huge ordeal since the dealer has no idea what your talking about or have people working for them that never even seen a CL and there systems dont have part numbers for this old of a truck or no longer making parts.

i have both these steering boxes and rebuilt one more axle and replace my exhaust and my truck will be set. i have replaced/rebuilt/upgraded every other part i could other wise from front to back on this truck. 

I haven't had any trouble getting parts for my 96 CL, they run the VIN and everything is there, the only thing they couldn't get was an exhaust bracket for driver side, I wanted to put dual exhaust on but no go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MACKS said:

 

I haven't had any trouble getting parts for my 96 CL, they run the VIN and everything is there, the only thing they couldn't get was an exhaust bracket for driver side, I wanted to put dual exhaust on but no go.

i wish that was the case for me but sadly it isnt. this is nothing new tho. this has been going on for the last 5 or so years. its gone down hill and it have heard it for many and even some people on here. im sure it will catch up to everyone at some point. i didnt think it would happen to me either until they let go of all the old timers there that i seen for almost 20 years buying from there. one time i went there everything was good and the next time i went all new people and no one knew jack shit unless its a volvo part. cant even tell you how many times they gave me parts for my CL and it was a for a volvo. they dont even know that doesnt belong on my truck. 

thankfully my truck came from the factory with dual exhaust bc trying to get parts now to make it as such would be a nightmare. i had to replace the pipe right off the turbo. it took them a month to fine one and when they did it was for a volvo. i had to go crazy to get the dam thing. they all looked at me like i have no idea what im talking about or wanted to act as if my truck doesnt have it. as if my turbo doesnt have an exhaust attached to it lol  

never mind the ordeal with computer shit or even rearend parts. its a shit show at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn that sucks,so they can't run the vin number and come up with a complete diagram with all the parts numbers,maybe order on line from watts..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all the could do which tool them a week to do after bullshit back and forth is give me those numbers i posted in my first post. thats all the info they have in there system. my VIN does nothing for them anymore it seems like and just within the last month they said they got new computers and are deleteing alot of mack only stuff (like older macks like mine) out of it. 

like i said. having them find into on a exhuast part or even a water pump is a nightmare 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabrielli Mack on Long Island always got me parts I needed for my R with no issues and the Mack dealer in Richmond Va just last week got me parts for it in a few days with no issues, think your dealer just can't be bothered. Call Watts  1-888-304-6225 (who owns this site) and ask for Barry in parts and tell him you're from the BMT site.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have bought from watts before. And it has nothing to do with the dealer being bothered. They are changing over. Getting rid of people. It's happening in alot of places. Just a matter of time is all. This was never a problem up until 5 years ago when Volvo came in hard and changed everything and let people go. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found one ( 1 ) of each available with four ( 4 ) / five ( 5 ) day lead time and plus freight. Give me a call and will give you $$. Thanks, Rich

 

203/264-8251 ext# 1236

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 10:20 PM, 2000CL713 said:

i wish that was the case for me but sadly it isnt. this is nothing new tho. this has been going on for the last 5 or so years. its gone down hill and it have heard it for many and even some people on here. im sure it will catch up to everyone at some point. i didnt think it would happen to me either until they let go of all the old timers there that i seen for almost 20 years buying from there. one time i went there everything was good and the next time i went all new people and no one knew jack shit unless its a volvo part. cant even tell you how many times they gave me parts for my CL and it was a for a volvo. they dont even know that doesnt belong on my truck. 

thankfully my truck came from the factory with dual exhaust bc trying to get parts now to make it as such would be a nightmare. i had to replace the pipe right off the turbo. it took them a month to fine one and when they did it was for a volvo. i had to go crazy to get the dam thing. they all looked at me like i have no idea what im talking about or wanted to act as if my truck doesnt have it. as if my turbo doesnt have an exhaust attached to it lol  

never mind the ordeal with computer shit or even rearend parts. its a shit show at best. 

Any chance you might have a few pictures of your duel exhaust layout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Welcome to BMT!

...The world's best antique, classic & modern Mack Truck support forum! Founded in 2000, BigMackTrucks.com is the place to go for everything related to Mack Trucks!

BMT!

BigMackTrucks.com is owned and operated by Watt's Truck Center, New Alexandria, PA. This forum and it's contents are not affiliated with Mack Trucks, Inc. or Volvo Trucks North America.

×