1938 Mack CH Freehold, NJ

justintocci

if i remember correctly, that truck was found abandoned at an old pig farm that a developer bought to build mc mansions on, and the developer is trying to make a fortune selling it. 

i don't think he has a title for it either, which is needed to transfer vehicles here in New Jersey.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I doubt many folks will be found eager to bring their well kept $20K but something like 2-2.5K could save that rare creature from further abondoning or rotting away and than scrapping.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I would second that motion if there was a title. Without a title there's paperwork to get one and it can be a long process. The smart thing to do would be to store it until you got that all straightened out and then you'd want to know the details of the title insurance you're buying. I'm no expert but I wonder if the rightful owner will show up and want to take it away after you've poured your time and money into it. Anyone applied for a title on a vehicle with no title before?

in New Jersey, the only way to do it is apply for an abandoned vehicle title. 

and that takes about 18 months to get. 

in other states you can use one of the title agencys from Alabama or North Carolina. 

New Jersey does not recognize titles from those agencys as valid and will not issue a clean NJ title with their papers. 

same here in Jersey, but it needs to be inspected by the state police DOT team. and if they see ANYTHING they don't like, it is rejected and you have to schedule another $400 inspection. not sure for the price of truck inspection the $400 price is for cars/pickups. 

same way a salvage title vehicle gets re-certified for road use. 

In pa to get a reconstructed or special construction title. You need receipts to show you paid sales tax for parts purchased.    Vermont doesn't issue titles on vehicles over 15 years old I think, and strictly goes with a bill of sale.     

It was for sale at Hersey this year for 30K.  NYS all you need on a pre title vehicle is a bill of sale and a tracing of the VIN or the Motor Number. They issue a 6 month non transferable registration. If it come clear after 6 months you get a transferable registration.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE