St. Louis Mack Trucks

5 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

It appears from the many pictures of the concrete agis that the companies dont seem to have a keen interest to have clean trucks and agitators, is my perception fair. Compared to our concrete companies, particularly Holcim, the Swiss company, which bought the Australian operations from Cemex of Mexico after Cemex bought the original Australian owned company in USA about 10 years ago, big presence in the Sthern US states of Texas, Florida - name just now escapes me. Cemex did not want the Australian and New Zealand operations. Locally Holcim has a culture of clean trucks, and most are owner drivers with real good contracts - they make good money  

The ready mix companies here are all locally owned and they serve a population of 2.9M people, most trucks owned by local companies in bigger cities in the U.S. are dirty. You should see some of the rigs in New York!

Edited by autocardc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, autocardc said:

The ready mix companies here are all locally owned and they serve a population of 2.9M people, most trucks owned by local companies in bigger cities in the U.S. are dirty. You should see some of the rigs in New York!

Clean mixers is a labor of love. 

• Like 1

Well said, clean agi's is a labour of love, my cousin is an owner driver with Holcim and 1 of his close mates has been with Boral concrete for 35 years, all the guys in their plants are very fussy with their agi's, especially continuously cleaning out left over concrete in their barrels, today the barrel metal skin is relatively thin, if left over concrete builds up, to remove it can easily become holes in the barrel skin, both these 2 guys have all the alloy tanks etc polished every 6 months. There are some smaller private owned concrete plants that have all their company owned trucks and barrels spotless, no matter the weather and there are some who don't care for their trucks' appearance.   

• Like 1

Harry

You may be like me, OUT of room on the website and have to go to one of the picture storage areas to post.. BUT BUT I have NOT figured out how to do that yet!!!! The last pictures I posted I emailed to Jim Hancock and he posted them for me.

Brocky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...