Sign in to follow this  
gio400

Mack dm vs granite

Question

What are the advantages and disadvantages between a mack dm vs granite. Im looking to purchase 2005 dm dump truck or a 2004 granite cv713. Which is better and why???

5 answers to this question

I won't say that 1 is better than the other, but the glaring difference is the space in the cab.  Unless they changed something,  the last dm I was in, was an 80 something model.

2006 DM still has the old style cab, not a lot of room compared to the Granite cab.

I would compare drivetrain specs first, and what you are going to do with it.     terry  :MackLogo:

Edited by terry

Get a Granite and avoid DM, unless you get a mid-to-pre 2003 DM. DM from those 04-07 usually have low-spec engines. Mostly 300-335 AMI HP. Maybe you will have better pickings, that’s just from my shopping experience. CV-713 will have a better package. You will regret buying a low HP AI or AMI. 

Edited by Mack Technician