kscarbel2

It's not even safe fo eat Cheerios

Australia Paul, I see my apricot Weet-Bix is not on the list. Good on Sanitarium.

i usually dont eat cereal on account of the calories but if i do its generally shreaded wheat  i dont see it up there....i guess that was why we lost funny face as a kid.....i was told the fony sweeteners were an issue....bob

i hadnt thought of that,,,,,the wheat and grain are probably the problem....bob

Posted (edited)

Besides glyphosate, the grains themselves are not good for you either.  The grains used today in commercial food production have a very different genetic makeup than the grains from a thousand years ago.  If interested to learn the damage they can do to your body, read the book Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis, cardiologist.  Very revealing about the role of today's grains in weight gain, celiac, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, crohn's, and a dozen other things frequently mis-diagnosed.  

Another interesting book although not authored by a cardiologist:  Eat Bacon, Don't Jog.

Edited by grayhair
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Exactly. Today you're told to get lots of fiber and food products promote it, but I read man historically did not consume such amounts of fiber and it's unhealthy. A low-fiber gluten-free diet is supposed to be far better for you.

The government recommends 12 servings of grain a day because they subsidize wheat and needed a use for it. No bs it’s just the truth. After WWII the government subsidized farming. Anything from interest free loans to build grain elevators (to create jobs building them) incentives to grow crops etc etc. now we have giant mega farms that are heavily subsidized. Do some digging (it’s public information) and most people would be floored to see how much money the government throws at agriculture. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 41chevy said:

So Eggs are bad , meat is bad especially bacon, Milk and dairy are bad.

My thought is this

http://dai.ly/x2rmdkb http://dai.ly/x2rmdkb

My great grampa lived into his late 80’s eating bacon and eggs every morning and a fair amount of whiskey for medicinal purposes only 😁. The first 16 seconds of this video give away some of the secrets to longevity. 

https://youtu.be/ubrvCLL9X2E

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1

The only time my grandfather wasn't smoking his pipe was when he was eating steak and potatoes or bacon and eggs. I don't know how long he would have lived but he got hit by a pickup truck at 87 when he was going to buy the paper at the corner store

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

My great grampa lived into his late 80’s eating bacon and eggs every morning and a fair amount of whiskey for medicinal purposes only 😁. The first 16 seconds of this video give away some of the secrets to longevity. 

https://youtu.be/ubrvCLL9X2E

I like his early Browning Humpback Auto 5 shotgun.  I've had mine for close to 50 years now and I have no intention of ever letting it go. Here a photo from the web of Mr. Browning and his invention, one of  many.

John_M._Browning_with_his_Auto_5_shotgun_(2).jpg

Edited by grayhair

3 hours ago, 66dc75 said:
The only time my grandfather wasn't smoking his pipe was when he was eating steak and potatoes or bacon and eggs. I don't know how long he would have lived but he got hit by a pickup truck at 87 when he was going to buy the paper at the corner store

Sorry to hear that most old folks never worried about food intake...bob

4 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:
My great grampa lived into his late 80’s eating bacon and eggs every morning and a fair amount of whiskey for medicinal purposes only . The first 16 seconds of this video give away some of the secrets to longevity. 

God love him and many thanks...bob

23 minutes ago, 41chevy said:
Interesting this "report" appears right after the Round Up lawsuit is settled...lawyers pushing this story? Guess the Talcum Powder cases dried up.

That’s ridiculous I’ve been using ground crest for years and all I got was fat and old wonder if I can collect money for that lol...bob

• Like 1

Sorry it was supposed to say ground clear...bob

Not positive on this but I think when these ambulance chasers build their cases they go for the outfit with the most capital...bob