brockway tractor and trailer

davehummell

On Monday I was going down rt.11 into Berwick pa. and just when I got to the town the road was being paved and as I was just going around the paver I saw a really nice Brockway tractor and period correct van trailer backed in a driveway on the right side. I was on my way to mainville to get in some practice with my sharps long range rifle and I was running close on time and on the way back I forgot and went home a different way this coming week I will be going back down and I will look for it. I got a soft spot for brocks and that one was very nice. Anyone know about this rig? If I find it I will get some pictures and name.

• Like 1

every time i go to one of the local asphalt plants i drool over their water wagon. it is a 351 Brockway tandem. needs some sheet metal work as the back of the cab and bottom of the fenders are rotted, but otherwise it is one pretty old girl. even with the battleship gray house roller paint job. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

i would love to post pics, but the kids "borrowed" my digital camera and never returned it. 

here is a 1977 Brockway A-758 firetruck, and a 1988 RD-690s tandem dump for auction in Montgomery NY though.

Brockway:  https://www.auctionsinternational.com/auction/14895/item/1977-brock-a758-pumper-truck-91442

Mack:  https://www.auctionsinternational.com/auction/14895/item/1988-mack-rd690s-tandem-dump-91443

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 8/6/2018 at 9:37 AM, GreenGiant2 said:

That a758 is an odd ball. An ( a ) should have a 6v53 in it. That's in nice shape. 

I always liked the Brockway instrument panel in our R/U/DM cab more than our own, as it offered a larger surface area, more flexibility.

I have a Brockway 358 with a V8 engine out in the barn.. Cummins 504 cubic inch.. the same engine as the 555 "Triple Nickel" but with a 1/2 inch shorter stroke.. Notorious for breaking cranks in hard work.. Good for a hobby truck.

Edited by Brocky

Brocky