Buried in DHS paperwork

41chevy

4 months ago I stated to try to apply for my required DHS License to purchase 44 gallon containers of VP Nitromethane fuel for when my vintage race car is ready to run at the Nostalgia Funnycar meets. Called the DHS in Virginia, DC and the Eastern Command  Center. After 3 months today I finally got the  CSAT Top Screen Questions forms. 167 pages of which 160 pages are required to answer questions. No exceptions ALL Questions must be answered or application is rejected and a one year WAIT TO RE APPLY.   Ain't gubberment great?

Local fire Department and  Va state police signed off on me explosion resistant storage building and issued the town, county and state permits to safely store it which are pending the DHS permit to purchase it.

SECTION 20: GENERAL REGULATIONS, ENGINE: 1, 1:6 FUEL,
Nitromethane Regulations  for Racing use

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) continues to regulate the use and
handling of nitromethane in racing.
The law requires anyone who possesses 400 pounds (42 gallons) or more of
nitromethane to complete and submit a "Top Screen" questionnaire to the
Department of Homeland Security. The Top Screen questionnaire is an
exhaustive screening tool that requires a great deal of detail to complete. Failure
to comply can lead to penalties up to $25,000 per day, having the racing
activity shut down and all vehicles and equipment seized of person(s)  violating the DHS regulation.

For additional information and instruction, we encourage you
contact the Department of Homeland Security.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I think it would be easier to ask for a can of Plutonium?

I needed some Plutonium for my flux capacitor, got it at Sams Club with a coupon.

This is all because of the Timothy Mcvey bought 40 gallons to make his bomb for the Oklahoma attack from a vendor at an NHRA event and the NHRA was held liable for the sale by the families lawyers, the State and the Feds, so now it's jump through hoops to get it with a cradle to grave paper trail. Even affects the RC hobby boys with their Nitro fuel for RC cars and aircraft. That's why most are going electric or 4 stroke gas.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Also,

3 hours ago, 41chevy said:

I needed some Plutonium for my flux capacitor, got it at Sams Club with a coupon.

And, your gonna have to have some Xenon Difluoride to make it work.  I'd send you some of mine but the dog knocked my bottle over. It broke, and then he peed on it. So it immediately vaporized.  I'll send the wife down to Tractor Supply to see if they have some...

https://www.reade.com/products/xenon-difluoride-xef2

Edited by grayhair
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, grayhair said:

Also,

And, your gonna have to have some Xenon Difluoride to make it work.  I'd send you some of mine but the dog knocked my bottle over. It broke, and then he peed on it. So it immediately vaporized.  I'll send the wife down to Tractor Supply to see if they have some...

https://www.reade.com/products/xenon-difluoride-xef2

Box Turtle pee run through a Britta filter works just as well but require s60 billion Bubbawatts for 1000 hours

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 7/26/2018 at 1:27 AM, 12V71 said:

I wonder what DHS has to say about Di-hydrogen monoxide. That's some bad stuff from what I hear. Inhalation hazard, contact hazard, ingestion hazard, this stuff is just dangerous according to the MSDS. 

Most likely on their list. seems to be an  ever expanding list of "feared" chemicals.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE