1927 Pierce-Arrow XB Dump Truck

j hancock

I have a picture somewhere of one of those that colonial sand and stone had back in the 20s I think it's an Internet picture if you look up colonial sand and stone that shows you a couple of those Pierce arrow trucks unloading bags of cement and sand and stone that they were mixing concrete by hand back in the 20s

12 hours ago, bullhusk said:

I have a picture somewhere of one of those that colonial sand and stone had back in the 20s I think it's an Internet picture if you look up colonial sand and stone that shows you a couple of those Pierce arrow trucks unloading bags of cement and sand and stone that they were mixing concrete by hand back in the 20s

Hello Ernie.  Glad you stopped by to visit.  I will do a search and see what shows up for pictures.  Now or then, Pierce-Arrow Trucks are few and far between.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

If you Google colonial sand and stone Pierce arrow trucks when the trucks come up hit images and you'll see a picture of a colonial dump truck dumping into a on-site mixer! I tried to get it onto this site but I just don't know how to do it maybe one of you guys can do it and you'll see the Pierce arrow

• 1 year later...

Hi, just joined BMT and seen this post, i have one of these pierce trucks that im planning on restoring, its a 26 xa 2 ton model, i am missing some correct parts and sure would like to know where this one in the picture and the other one mentioned for sale in pa are and how to contact the owners, appreciate any leads

thanks mike

• Like 2

On 8/2/2018 at 10:52 PM, grayhair said:

I think this is one of the same.  And I believe it ran when parked. Buff it out, add fresh fuel, should be good to go...

0000.jpg

This photo was taken several years ago at a tourist place near the Superstition Mountains just east of Phoenix, AZ.  I doubt it is for sale.  I just thought it looked cool so I snapped the photo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Had this engine side panel offered to me for sale, so I bought it,   also had some pictures sent of another pierce arrow unrestored in ca, a XB model but its not for sale, seems to be a few pieces still out there to be found?  must be a frame out there with a set of front wheels ? just got to keep looking.

mike

634F6202-6E19-4607-A44C-2DFD74BBCA60.jpeg

CF1C1F86-EE32-4A42-BB78-6CC1831963A6.jpeg

917188F2-DCE5-4331-A58E-C20B89A06F53.jpeg

50587B92-1EDD-4A5F-BAB3-2B10C49F57D3.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Got a freind who has a lead on some pierce arrow parts trucks that along with two other running pierces are all for sale but as one lot, making the logistics of moving etc that bit more of a challenge,

the one with the winch has wheels i need but the greasecaps are different and the truck needs its wheels to be moved obviously, there are some other mechanical parts to go with the trucks,

Im interested in one of the running pierces and the smaller parts truck has parts i could use, you can see the front wheels were solids but have been chopped and adapted to fit pneumatics like mine, all this comes down to price i guess?

mike

0CDD3840-A46D-4B41-B1B5-DCECD570EEE9.jpeg

9B5E0B9D-6B86-421B-84EA-537421FE8DE2.jpeg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi, well i finally got a set of front wheels and the other parts i needed, as for the mack in the background all i can tell you is its in Massachusetts, the 4 pierce arrow trucks were sold to another collector and he has broken up one of the rougher trucks for parts

i bought the parts from him, you can contact him through the pierce arrow facebook page, his name is Artie and you will see his posts advertising the pierce arrows for sale, he could tell you perhaps how to contact the man with the mack?

pictures of the front wheels, light brkts, L hand engine panel, gear selector and stick and the cast spring mounts for the front bumper.

A19B80C1-0431-47A4-8121-BFB56506B427.jpeg

98C8F264-A97D-42B7-8067-F6E4563D02C0.jpeg

0AE3B6D9-B4B1-4D65-B335-0D9442287A62.jpeg