RobM626

Vibration that 2 mechanics and Mack dealer can’t figure out

5 hours ago, RobM626 said:

It feels a lot better than it did with a broken clutch cable but I think I’m gonna have to do a clutch job... AGAIN...I’m bringing the truck in for a 3 axel alignment sometime in next couple weeks. I’m gonna talk to owner at shop and see if he’ll warranty the clutch for me. Worth a shot. We’ll see... he knows what I went thru with this truck. 

Yup the clutch cable thing is a hard thing to wrap your head around  how ever I have seen quite a few issues pertaining to a worn clutch cables jerky operation ect! never had one make a clutch slip that bad how ever it is possible as you have proven !

4 hours ago, fjh said:

Yup the clutch cable thing is a hard thing to wrap your head around  how ever I have seen quite a few issues pertaining to a worn clutch cables jerky operation ect! never had one make a clutch slip that bad how ever it is possible as you have proven !

Yea as I can tell I have the “ive never seen that before” truck... with almost all the equipment we have that’s the case... me and my partner joke about it all the time

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 8:32 PM, masterwelder said:

Almost a month, any update?

Clutch is shot. I think springs broke in the pressure plate. I’m finally waving the white flag with this truck. I spent 2 + years trying to get her back to her glory and running like a champ but I do t have anymore money to throw at an almost 20 year old truck. I had a long contemplation on what to do and I think it’s best I move on from it and get a new truck. 

I would really like to thank all of you that helped with this thread and truck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fjh said:

This is a shame!

I know... gonna miss this truck but I ran out of patience and confidence in trying to get it working right.

12 hours ago, masterwelder said:

Is it going to be put up for sale?

Yes sir