72 RS795LST V8 in Michigan

h67st

4 hours ago, h67st said:

My wife and kids tried counting my projects that I have and gave up.   Guess that means I won!     It is a nice truck. There's always room for 1 more.  

15 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

So does that thing have early RL/RS hood on it?

Not sure though there were ones with later hood (narrower fenders) and a steel dash cab at the same time.

Being a 1972 it should have been a early style hood, I cant zoom in but it looks like its a early hood without the dropped sides. the clue is that the wheel to fender gap is larger than seen on the later style RS/RL700Ls

39 minutes ago, Lmackattack said:

Being a 1972 it should have been a early style hood, I cant zoom in but it looks like its a early hood without the dropped sides. the clue is that the wheel to fender gap is larger than seen on the later style RS/RL700Ls

Thank you. I don't have too sharp eye on RL/RS trucks no matter I like them really much. The later ones are more to my taste. They're just further from Eastern R's about the look. Having two similar (Eastern) R's I keep in mind an idea to build a Western R some day using the rest of the parts and the 2nd lot of paperwork. But currently i doubt such plans are close to reality. And any serious thinking might be statred no sooner that the 1st R is ready.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

There were a few diffrent  ways they built the western R models. takes a little bit of looking at the hood , air tank and battery box arrangement to see the differences. I notice them more as people are posting pics of them on the internet. What really throws me thru a loop is all the export stuff as they look like a normal R model from far but sometimes very different when looking up close.

Do you mean the export things of a kind like that red R (or DM) from Venesuella? On my mind such trucks could be characterized more like custom stuff. You can never systemaize any possible difference ever put into a truck when someone just wanted to specify it the way he only liked. But the adventure itself is interesting :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012