Fenders Dipped

Dipped in a strong caustic similar to a paint stripper . Removes all the paint, grease, tar  and whatever.  Pressure washed then placed in strong electrolite solution.  Neg. D.C. voltage   is attached to the item and pos. to an anode in a large tank. He tells me as long as voltage is on the steel the only thing that is removed is the rust.  $250.00 for both fenders and inner fenders . When I picked up the fenders they were removing the body of a 1964 chev .  and a smaller car.  They do mostly industrial items.  Outside there was a lot of industrial items , a 1950 Lincoln ,and a small kids tricycle waiting to be done . 

• Like 1

That's interesting technology indeed. Actually you can do it yourself if want to tinker with big tank and soda solution.

The effect is provided by electrolizing the water and building up bubbles of hydrogen and oxygen from it. When such bubble appears it starts off the metal surface of the part you clean. Getting larger in size it blows off a piece of any coverage on the parts surface including old paint, dirt and rust.

Here are portable sets avalible for local repair consisting of a small stick with piece of foam on the end and a can with liquid. The stick has piece of metal inside the foam pad. You attach positive pole of a 12V battery to the stick and negative to the part you clean (or maybe vice versa) Than penetrate the foam with the fluid (electrolite) and put it to the area you clean. Some boiling appears on the surface below the foam and the part gets steel-clean. My practice showed out though you can't remove deep rust from cavits in steel. Sandblast gives much better results as i could observe.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

They can not do aluminum . There is hold harmless agreement on their invoice sheet that they are not responsible for any damage to aluminum.  Like Valadislav said you can do this yourself. I have done it in on a small scale in a plastic bucket with a battery charger, 12 volt battery, and vanish toilet bowl cleaner. My results are not as good as they do .