HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS PIECE LATELY

VaPatentman

There were quite a few L model rescues around that had very similar body styles, so I'd say you need to get the chassis number from John to be sure it is the same truck.

Boston, FDNY, and several other New England cities ran L model rescues with the integrated body style like the one pictured and I'm sure there were numerous examples in the mid-Atlantic area as well. 

That looks like a BRUCO body to me.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Never saw this rig the entire time I was in Gettysburg.  We ran out that way first or second due with several of our rigs and never saw anything other than some old green B models.  I was always curious about the old rigs there, but was discouraged by some of the old timers at the FD from "stopping in" to say hello.  Never asked why, just assumed visitors weren't appreciated.

• Like 1

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

If in fact it is the  old piece from Silver Spring, Md, and ended up AACO #7 here is another pic of it sitting in the bay at AACO #7. Maybe someone that knows John can comment. I had the pleasure of driving it a few times when it was @ Prince Georges Maryland Fire Department Company 21 as reserve squad shortly after theirs was wrecked. Large steering and non-synchro tranny. It would roll on I-95 heading west (downhill) toward the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Just noticed that the penetrator siren and FEDERAL Q had been removed at some point

Reserve Sq 14-3.jpg

Edited by VaPatentman
additional info
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 12:17 PM, VaPatentman said:

I think it did, several of the Heavy Squads I am familiar with did.

We made the mistake of buying a couple of rescues without a booster pump. One of the maxims of the fire service is the first thing you will run out of on a busy day is pumpers.Turns out that having a 200 gallons of water and a small pump is pretty convenient when you are the only company on the scene of a working fire. Who would'a thunk?

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

On 11/13/2017 at 11:33 AM, General Ike said:

Never saw this rig the entire time I was in Gettysburg.  We ran out that way first or second due with several of our rigs and never saw anything other than some old green B models.  I was always curious about the old rigs there, but was discouraged by some of the old timers at the FD from "stopping in" to say hello.  Never asked why, just assumed visitors weren't appreciated.

I bought some parts from him for my rig, he is very knowledgeable/helpful, but definitely doesn't like people being on his property very long!  I drove by there a week or 2 ago and he had the bay door up and this rig was sitting inside, it still looks decent from the road!

• Like 1