Just bought my first old Mack

so I just picked up a 1960 Mack b61. I don't really know much about the truck other than it's got a thermadyne 673 without a turbo and  I was told it's a positive ground truck. I do need to track down a starter for it and a drivers door. If anyone could give me leads on where I can find this stuff or any more about the truck that would be great

Welcome to the group!

We love pictures (hint, hint)!

I suspect that before long someone on here will chime in who either has what you're looking for (I think someone mentioned recently that they had doors, and I remember seeing a pair on Craigslist recently), or will have some leads for where to check.

Oh, did I mention that we love pictures? :-)

Mike

Welcome to the forum, Sean.  Congrats on the B61 purchase.  I don't know if anyone mentioned but we like pictures.  There are doors around.  I have a couple but I am sure there are some closer to you.  I probably have a starter too but would have to look. Good luck with it.  

Mike 

I will get some pictures of it tomorrow. It's still sitting in the woods at my work. She definitely need love and I just couldn't let it sit and rot away so I decided to save it. As for leads on parts that would be greatly appreciated. I have every intention on getting her fixed up before next spring to take it to a few car shows around here. Where might I find some information on the truck? 

Sean

Sean  Welcome to Big Mack Trucks.. For info about your truck,  when you find the serial number send it to the Mack Museum in Allentown, along with a donation, and they will send you  the build sheet, who the first owner was, manuals and any other info the have.

Brocky