Tired of leaning over B model fenders

I absolutely love b models but they are hard to work in the engine compartment. Has anyone made a flip hood out of the sheet metal hood, this would require a subframe underneath and bracing of the radiator. Probably more trouble than it's worth. Or has anyone made the fenders swing like a C model?

473 012.JPG

50 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Don't know about swinging the fenders, but the clariben fiberglass tilt hood would solve your problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The standard B  Clariben is tough to find. I've been searching for a few years.  BUT, I saw at a Rat Rod show last year a B Model on a Dodge Ram 5000 series that the stock B model fenders the were hinged at the headlight panels and opened like a door. The C set up would probably be an easy adaptation.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

There was a guy who I was speaking to one time said he made a mould of his b front then made an exact replica out of fibreglass. I've seen it passing by but not well enough to critique his work. 

1 hour ago, Timmyb said:

There was a guy who I was speaking to one time said he made a mould of his b front then made an exact replica out of fibreglass. I've seen it passing by but not well enough to critique his work. 

I saw one of the at the Hersey Swap meet for sale three years ago.. I thought it was very well done and looked really correct. The one being sold had a $3700.00 price on it. The sell said it was non negotiable. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 hours ago, Underdog said:

My solution would be to get a cabover.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The kids and myself are really into the B,     But if someone offered me an IH emeryville on trade I'd really think hard about it.   

• Like 1

If you have a hard time fitting a "short" B model in your garage.............a COE is a no go!  LOL!!

I'm kinda stuck in the same scenario.  I really wanted an A model KW.  I'd have to remove the horns and clearance lights to get one to fit in my 10ft door.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"