Mack E7 from Vmac1 to mechanical

getting sick of the code in the dash and poor performance of my E7 with Vmac1. anyone ever made the change to convert it mechanical? I think just the back end of the fuel pump where the governor is can be swapped and linkage installed. I will lock the econovance and set the proper timing. 

I did my 94 RD. Was a VMAC 350, but I changed my pump over to a mechanical pump, new lines, put a 427 turbo on, and replaced the injectors with superflow (90 plus hp) ones and got 490HP. I ran it for years and than sold it to a friend and he said it's the best running truck in his fleet. Also changed the wire harness under the hood and put all mechanical sending units in.

• Like 1

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

• 2 years later...

I hate to drag up an old thread but i need to convert my 97 CH613 E7 vmac2 to mechanical due to an electrical fire. Im not getting anywhere asking the dealer or local bosch pump shop. Can I just remove the whole electronic governor assy and install an RQV style governor? Maybe lock the econovance to fixed timing, or run a boost reference switch to activate it. Ill post some pics of the pump and engine tags.

Thanks!

Adam

On 2/28/2020 at 1:59 PM, VQ2Fast4U said:

I hate to drag up an old thread but i need to convert my 97 CH613 E7 vmac2 to mechanical due to an electrical fire. Im not getting anywhere asking the dealer or local bosch pump shop. Can I just remove the whole electronic governor assy and install an RQV style governor? Maybe lock the econovance to fixed timing, or run a boost reference switch to activate it. Ill post some pics of the pump and engine tags.

Thanks!

Adam

Can't just change the gov. Housing has to be a full mech pump to convert properly. You can lock up the econovance and still use the same lines, etc. Today we just picked up the mech pump we had built. After we do the install I'll write up everything we had to do in order to convert. I know a few guys would love to do this conversion as well. We have everything but the linkages but not sure what way to go about it. We were even thinking about a cable set up over linkage. 

The guy that did our pump John Miller, we asked him if it would be ok to send some more guys his way and he said no problem. He knows the guys from antrim very well. Lives upstate ny. Pm me for his contact info or if it's ok I can post his # here

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

If it is a robert Bosch pump then a E6 will work.

E6 Is  is standard thread I believe! The e7 lines are metric! You pretty much need the fuel line set up from  a donor engine! vmac lines are totally different guess you could disable the syncro vance and leave it in place! Don't know never tryed this! 

Scheid Diesel in Effingham, IL will make a set of lines for you with whatever ends you desire. I've found them much better than dealership pricing or "one off" replacements.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

11 hours ago, fjh said:

E6 Is  is standard thread I believe! The e7 lines are metric! You pretty much need the fuel line set up from  a donor engine! vmac lines are totally different guess you could disable the syncro vance and leave it in place! Don't know never tryed this! 

Now that i think about it what i did is i used E7 injector lines with the E7engine and they will work with a E6 pump.On my bobtail i have a E6 pump on it and the E7 pump is for a spare.And it has been on the engine at one time.

Edited by theakerstwo

glenn akers

So an E6 pump may work on an E7? I picked up an E7 v-mac 1 over the weekend that is truly a wiring disaster. The worst part of it all is that upon further looking the FIC is missing. I can handle the wiring, but not having much luck so far with the missing module. Does anybody know if the FIC is vin specific to the v-mac control or is it a slave controller to it?  Anybody have any leads on a FIC?? I’d like to try fixing the electrical side of it enough to see if it runs before going all in and doing the mechanical swap.

DD26131B-18FC-4096-9CA7-2A8D73082A97.jpeg

B439C898-EEA6-49C8-9181-4482A660FDDC.jpeg

Edited by JKuhl