BMT Security Warnings??

Barry

Is anyone seeing security warnings when you log into or use BMT?  I know there is a change coming that will require SSL for all websites that use login forms.  If so, I will have to extend our Store site SSL to the forum as well. 

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

My browser logs in automatically, haven't noted anything new so far.

Funny thing a friend of mine found out he couldn't visit Hemmings web site the other day. I tried and got "access blocked" either. Read explanations and learned it was because of some security programm. So looks like no one from Russia can visit Hemmings anymore.

Everything allright with BMT and I hope it's all under control :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...

Uuppps!

Can't get to the site with my home 'puter which runs Chrome.

The notification tells it's a trouble of  security since SSL are different. Or something like that.

Would like to learn of what to do.

Could get access with my phone this time but it doesn't feel nice. Something like to try scratching carbon from END pistons using say a needle:(

• Like 1

firefox had a nasty security hack around christmas and the "repair" made it worse. i am now using opera, it is 10 times faster than firefox and does not have the security problems on other sites i was having with firefox. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

There was an minor issue, but Barry has resolved it.

I run Firefox (as does Barry) and have not encountered any problems using it.

If you run Firefox with the add-ons BetterPrivacy, Ghostery, NoScript and uBlock Origin, you'd be hard pressed to find a more secure browsing experience.

• Like 1

I use Chrome so far. And had no troubles with it.

One thing that seems bothering me is I still have Windows XP. And it works very good to my big pleasure, and does it from the very moment I bought the computer, no less that 5 years back. A couple (or much more?) months ago Chome started show notification of it will never update in the future because the end of supporting XP. Every time I read it I thought to myself of how nice that thing is. The system works and no f**king body will make a mess with my digital stuff bringing those terroristic updates. An old iron never dies. But looks like the end of my happy life is coming.

Will try to download Firefox.

6 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I use Chrome so far. And had no troubles with it.

One thing that seems bothering me is I still have Windows XP. And it works very good to my big pleasure, and does it from the very moment I bought the computer, no less that 5 years back. A couple (or much more?) months ago Chome started show notification of it will never update in the future because the end of supporting XP. Every time I read it I thought to myself of how nice that thing is. The system works and no f**king body will make a mess with my digital stuff bringing those terroristic updates. An old iron never dies. But looks like the end of my happy life is coming.

Will try to download Firefox.

Vlad, Windows XP Pro, in my opinion, remains the best OS out there. It's straightforward, without all the silly bells and whistles. I absolutely hate Windows 8 or 10. Microsoft had said it would stop supporting XP. But in the end, Microsoft was forced by China to continue providing basic support because it is still the most popular OS there.

• Like 1