Transmission swap

keg1

Your on to something with pilot bearing. I remember when I had fuller out we checked the pilot bearing and had to change it because whoever installed the fuller wasn't aware of difference. I think the difference was the input shaft didn't sit far enough in the pilot bearing . It was simple fix we just changed bearing but measured distance from bellhousing to input shaft to make sure it sat in there properly

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

what years motor size trans torque 1o-5-13 12-5-13 the fist two numbers tells torque range Mack trans take 1800lbs torque 5-6-7-8-9-12 speed-do to the triplet counter shafts  older Mack produce a lot of power Eaton-fuller don't last long  GMC trucks have bell housing mounts

Ed

the 2080 is a 8 speed  but more like a 5 speed if you will    the 3 lows I never use unless off road        when loaded I can take off in 1st high and only have 4 more gears to go        There is a big jump between gears      I would red line rpms and then grab next gear and she would fall on her face    almost like I skipped a gear       that's why the swap         a guy in pennsilvania did the same thing buy took a 2070 out and put a 2130  mack  tranny in        He said it was a big difference too   

Luke, sounds like your Maxidyne engine may not be running right- It should have enough power to pull the next gear after an upshift, even at 1200 RPM. Perhaps a pervious owner swapped in a conventional torque rise engine or the pump off of one? Keg 1, the Fullers are cheap because there's so many of them laying around. 

• Like 1

thanks for the feed teamstergrrrl    You are probably right about the running of the engine    Im sure is due for a overhaul      when I decide to do it id like to get it up to more like 350 to 375 horse      Any advice on how     I can sent you some pics of the engine and truck if you want to see it       Its a work in progress     I call it the    Big Stack Mack

Do you need to swap the chassis mounting brackets to put Fuller in place of Mack or vice versa?

Just today looking my MH model frame (which should be similar to Suerliner) I noted those brackets the tranny housing seats on have only one rubber unsulator pad on each side of the truck. MH has Fuller 9 speed. On the other hand my R's with Mack T2090 have two pads on each side. Wonder what do MH/RW2 with Mack tranny have of them? 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

4 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Do you need to swap the chassis mounting brackets to put Fuller in place of Mack or vice versa?

Just today looking my MH model frame (which should be similar to Suerliner) I noted those brackets the tranny housing seats on have only one rubber unsulator pad on each side of the truck. MH has Fuller 9 speed. On the other hand my R's with Mack T2090 have two pads on each side. Wonder what do MH/RW2 with Mack tranny have of them? 

I was told Superliners and Mh have one bolt and R models have two. But the mounts on the trans are different between Mack and Fuller.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, keg1 said:

I was told Superliners and Mh have one bolt and R models have two. But the mounts on the trans are different between Mack and Fuller.

So does it mean there are both one bolt and two bolt tranny brackets for every kind of transmission used on those Macks?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:14 AM, keg1 said:

I thought I saw somewhere the pilot bearing needed changed or snap ring taken off. Didn't know if that was true or not. If so what holds it in?

Gray engine with Mack or Eaton trans--pilot bearing with snap ring 

Red engine with Mack or Eaton trans-no snap ring on pilot bearing

• Like 1