Pictures of the Week

other dog

12 hours ago, Jason O said:

I thought you older guys had a few "tricks" to use for lowering your BP briefly to pass the DOT physical.   Glad you passed.  For now , I can't and it goes higher and higher as I sit there and try to "relax" to get under 140.  

I ordered the "Super Beets" that I saw advertised on Facebook and on TV. It's just powdered beet root crystals that you mix with water and drink, and it's supposed to improve circulation and lower your blood pressure. Two times in a row they checked mine at the eye doctor and it was 160 over 90. After I took the beets for just 4 days it was at 140 over 88, then a few weeks later I checked it with a little tester you put on your wrist and it checked 120 over 74, so I thought "hey, this Super Beet stuff must really work!"  So now i'm not too sure.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

11 hours ago, Green Dash said:

Congrats on the 2 year card! I've heard from drivers with one year cards (or less) that once they cut your time it's impossible or damn near it to get a 2 year again.

BTW, you'll be traveling uphill at some point on your trip to Oakland.

No doubt about that, I just hope there's no ice on the hill. There was ice and upside down cars all over Lynchburg yesterday morning, then it warmed up to almost sixty degrees later- exactly what the weather man said it was going to do on the TV Friday evening.

I hauled a lot of lumber to Lowes in Oakland. Good place to go, i'd park around back, unstrap the lumber, enjoy the Lowe's free wi-fi, and they would be unloading me about 5 or 6 am, then i'd head north up 219, 40, and 51 about a hunnert miles to Pittsburgh- unless there was snow and ice, then it was 200 miles- and get a load of coils coming back to Lynchburg.

I had just delivered at the Lowes store and pulled out front to put my wood away when a car came up at a high rate of speed on the ice, lost control, and plowed into the red truck.

img_4835.jpg

He hit the step, then the front wheel, taking out the nut covers and the hub caps.

img_4837.jpg

I thought there might be bail money involved before this was over, but a young boy got out of the car crying. He had worked all night, then dropped his wife off at Lowes for work. So I got his insurance information, took pictures of the damage- and his license plate- and told him "stuff happens, it's not so bad."

I put a duct tape hub cap on it for the time being, and stopped at Truck Enterprises in Harrisonburg on the way back and got a new caps, the chrome outer one, and the inside one that was broken all to pieces too, and new nut covers. They never did get the step fixed, it was still sitting at Truck Enterprises in Lynchburg a few months ago and it still had a bent-up step.

img_4846.jpg

• Like 1

next time you go to the doc to get the BP checked, lay off the coffee and salt for a week before. that should drop it 30-40 points.

Edited by tjc transport
fix a typo
  • Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

next time you go to the doc to get the BP checked, lay off the coffee and salt for a week before. that should drop it 30-40 points.

Thanks, I don't add any salt to anything, but there's a lot in a lot of stuff we don't think about much, like bread- loaded with salt!. And I do like a potato chip periodically, washed down with a Red Bull. I don't drink a lot of coffee except when i'm at home, but I suck up a lot of Red Bull!

Nice pick-up! And the crue of the foresters too.

The new shed is great! And what is more important, it's fire-proof. Hope the mixer can suit it with no troubles.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

thanks tom...nice shots....like the pickup   and the chicks of coarse.....hadda truck just like it...few years back,,,,had real good luck with it,,,,,wish i had it back...bob

I went to Lynchburg and looked at a red '66 Ford  myself Bob, back in the 80's. It wasn't a stepside though. I would have bought it, that's my favorite Ford body style, but it was too nice. I needed a truck that I could take in the woods to get firewood, that scratching it up wouldn't matter, and I couldn't have taken that one in the woods. I ended up buying a '69 F100 that was already scratched up to haul firewood with.

• Like 1

My first pickup was a 1958 ford 1/2t short box step side with a 223ci inline 6 and a 3 on the tree that was owned by Sno-line Tree Co. Which was a business south of Kalispell that grew Christmas trees. I have a one year medical card, it pisses me off because it's simply because of a medication I'm on but oh well. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.