Started making door panels for my trucks

7 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

http://www.perfectfit.com/15347/154532/Chipboard-Car-Panelboard/Kraft-Tan-Waterproof-Panelboard.html Heres where I bought the cardboard I got the diamond quilted vinyl came from two vendors on ebay. I took a back panel apart for a pattern and now I use it to trace out the new ones as I did with the door panels and headliners.

Thanks. I was going to have someone do my Superliner interior but maybe I'll give it a try. Would you happen to remember where the black quilted material came from?  I looked on eBay and didn't see any like yours.Thanks

Edited by keg1
Added info

The thinner more expensive black diamond quilt with the fake buttons came from a seller in Canada called upholsteryworld I like the fake leather shiner diamond quilt sold by showtimefabric its thicker and less expensive that's where I bought all the red material from too.

5 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

The thinner more expensive black diamond quilt with the fake buttons came from a seller in Canada called upholsteryworld I like the fake leather shiner diamond quilt sold by showtimefabric its thicker and less expensive that's where I bought all the red material from too.

Thanks for the info.

14 minutes ago, mowerman said:

beautiful job....was just wondering why the date on the photos dont match the present,,,,starting to think that new puppy is couple years old now.lol.bob

No I'm just to tech illiterate to change the date I really never thought of it I have had the question before though from other guys who didn't believe something I posted on facebook because of the date I think all the pictures taken by this same camera are dated 2014.

Lol I figured that was just messing with you. In my case i probably couldn't do it either but it's not something I would be concerned with either something like that would drive my wife crazy she would have to fix it right away also wanted to add to your puppy pad story I I have three lap dogs myself in a room full of them pads funny thing the dogs can be outside for 3 or 4 hours and then come in and go on the papers instead of outside

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

What are you using for glue?  I never had good luck with the auto parts rattle cans.  I used stuff from the upholstery guy that helped me on my 78

Its called polymath 797 works great comes in a can the trick is you have to spray both surfaces just spraying one or the other doesn't work as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

These warm days were perfect for installing my new door panels and back piece in my old RS I made a couple of kick panel pieces today to cover the pillar between the door and cowl area. I'm still on the stump about the headliner it had the old plastic one piece in it I want to go with the more modern two piece with the console on the ceiling. Problem with the two piece being an older cab the mounting brackets the console screws into are not there. I could take a spot weld cutter and take the ones from the old superliner cab and pop rivet them to the inside of the cab but that means drilling more holes in the roof of the cab.

PTDC0026.JPG

PTDC0027.JPG

PTDC0028.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wish my B model cab was squared off!  I'm liking that pleated material.

My old cardboard headliner is in such sad shape I don't think I could get it all stuck back together to cover it with that pleated material?  If I had more room to work I might be able to "form" some new cardboard and put material on it and do it in sections of sort.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

57 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

I wish my B model cab was squared off!  I'm liking that pleated material.

My old cardboard headliner is in such sad shape I don't think I could get it all stuck back together to cover it with that pleated material?  If I had more room to work I might be able to "form" some new cardboard and put material on it and do it in sections of sort.

I used the old one as a template of the new one I used those Kraft panels that are polyethylene coated same as the original so water wont damage it. The headliner in this truck was put together in four sections like the original being the first one it has its flaws but everyone after this should get better.

• Like 1