Pictures

hurstscrambler

This is the easiest forum I have ever encountered to post pictures on, but I'm having an issue now.  It used to say "maximum upload size 14.65 MB" or something of that nature, so the pics from my phone are huge and that has allowed me to post about 4 pictures per post.  I was satisfied with that arrangement.  However, yesterday while trying to make a post I found it said "maximum upload size 1.59 MB.  This makes it impossible for me to upload even one picture.  I'm not computer savvy, so what can I do differently?   How or why would the upload size change?  Thanks, Andy

11 hours ago, hurstscrambler said:

This is the easiest forum I have ever encountered to post pictures on, but I'm having an issue now.  It used to say "maximum upload size 14.65 MB" or something of that nature, so the pics from my phone are huge and that has allowed me to post about 4 pictures per post.  I was satisfied with that arrangement.  However, yesterday while trying to make a post I found it said "maximum upload size 1.59 MB.  This makes it impossible for me to upload even one picture.  I'm not computer savvy, so what can I do differently?   How or why would the upload size change?  Thanks, Andy

If you can save the picture to your PC instead of posting directly from your phone you can resize the picture first, that's what I do. Well, I put them from my camera to the PC, I don't take many phone pictures. I don't know if you can resize them with a smart phone, or change the settings to make the pictures you take smaller, I still use a Motorola flip phone. 

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I upload right from my phone(motorola razr).   I use the "choose file" link below and they upload quickly.  Don't know about the fancier new smart phones?  Maybe they have better cameras and take more file space?

I've never downloaded the tapatalk feature.  I typically don't use my phone to post, but does make it easier when I want to post a quick picture as I don't have to download to photobucket first.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have an issue uploading either. And it seems like a trouble now.

Some while back, nealry 6-7 month I had notification of something like Max upload size of say 3 Mb. Later I got it less. Than I once ran out of the size. I revised my old posts and re-sized big pics in them. Got a bit of space as a result. Than revised my PM's and deleted the most of pics larger than 500kb. Got a bit of space again. But after posting every new picture on the forum the amount of Mb's allowed went less and less. With no increase during the time.

Now I'm already out of space, only 0.06Mb as I can see. Can't post pictures anymore. And I don't remember a moment when I uploaded damn many of them.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I wonder if it has to do with downloading them to the site.  I typically use Photobucket to link pictures.  That might be the problem.  You only have so much server space PER person.  Run that out and you can't download anymore.  Just another reason to use a hosting site.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I figured out how to resize the photos, so that's good, but the max total download size is down to .11 MB, so no more pics for me I guess.  Is there a moderator or someone I can reach out to?  I really like sharing photos on this forum, so I'd like to get this resolved.  I probably should have been resizing them all along.  Using a hosting site is ok, but it complicates things and I will likley just stop posting pics because of the added time.   Thanks, Andy