It happened 4 times in Grandpa's lifetime...

RowdyRebel

...the last time was right after he got back from the war. Cubbies are going to the World Series! If they beat the Indians, I'll get to see something in my lifetime that he never got to see in his.

I haven't really followed baseball since the strike of '95, but was always a Cub fan. Used to LOVE going to games @ Wrigley, and still pull for 'em despite not being familiar with anyone on the roster these days.

GO CUBS!

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I used to play baseball every summer, watch the Cubs and made it to at LEAST 1 or 2 games @ Wrigley every year, even had quite a few baseball cards we'd collect and trade. Then they went on strike in '95 and I lost interest. I just couldn't understand why a bunch of guys who get paid a ton of money to travel the country doing something millions of kids would give their right arm for the chance to do just for a day...why they'd go on crying about how they weren't getting paid enough.

When the strike ended, I didn't return to the game. Now it's just memories from my childhood...but it's always good to see the Cubbies do good. I'll probably double the number of games I've watched in the past 20 years over the next week...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Tonight's game was SO much more fun to watch...but I would've benched that catcher. Trying to backhand the balls out of the dirt, not moving his body to keep the ball in front of him...cost a few bases and the 1 run the Indians scored. I would've been running laps all practice if I'd done that as a kid (I was the catcher). Those "baseball basics" type errors committed at that level...no excuse for it at all.

ON TO WRIGLEY!!! Series tied 1-1

Tonight I couldn't watch...driving...interesting mix of broadcasts with AM670 out of Chicago and AM1100 out of Cleveland going back and forth as to which one I could get from the road. Cleveland announcers kept whining and crying about the 2-run double in the 1st and how "...it SHOULD've been 1-0 after the 1st..."