A Couple Old Rigs in Richmond

The DM still has a plate on it, (a nice, low 2-digit number, so it's probably been in that family since the dawn of time) but I didn't check to see if it had a current sticker.....  Next time I'm out that way I'll try to sneak another peek to check.  Might be out that way later today, but more likely not until next weekend.

3 hours ago, Mack58B42 said:

Next time I'm out that way I'll try to sneak another peek to check.  Might be out that way later today, but more likely not until next weekend.

What ya making with all the corn?    If you put it in plastic jugs and are willing to ship ups I'll take  some.  It's pretty hot and we get pretty thirsty.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they just have them as a reserve for better times when modern digital trucks will become almost unusable due to multiple electronic falures and the most of people will have nothing to haul with:) 

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

They farm several different crops, but there are a bunch of farms grouped sort of in the same area, and I'm not clear on which one this actually is.  Back in "the old days" I think they used to do a lot of potatoes, a lot of which is now turf, and I assume that these started their lives as potato haulers.  They still do potatoes,  but I think just not as much as they used to, so I'm guessing that these probably sit around for most of the year, then get used to haul potatoes during/after the harvest, then get put to sleep again until the next time.....  I'm quite sure they had at least one other Mack there, but I haven't seen that one in a bit.  So maybe they've thinned the herd, or it might be at one of their other farm locations.

• Like 1