1946 NASH Wrecker

41chevy

5 hours ago, maint1 said:

Saw that this morning on Hemmings and sent it to my boss. What a sweet truck

It's nice. I talked to the seller this afternoon about it, firm on price, no if's and or buts. 

When it was auctioned off last summer from the estate that owned Arapahoe Auto Body in Arapahoe, Nebaska it was listed as a 1949.  Models were made from '49 to '54 mainly for export.  2 speed rear makes it a 15,500 gvw . 

Vlad the cab is  based on a 1946 and up Nash  4 door sedan body. Filler panels to space out fenders and a filler panels under fenders to compensate for the height difference.    Paul

48 Nash ambasadore.jpg

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Going to get a load for Mon or Tue delivery and go out and look at it. There seems to be some Ambassador engine parts available. Has 20,000 miles on it but the head has been off since 1974, always been inside, interesting to see if all the parts and pieces are there. About 1,725 miles there, so plenty of time to think.

Plenty of NASH - Rambler engine parts available. Basic  big six was used up to the mid to late 50's. The passenger version of the 235 actually has 11 more h.p. and 15 ft lbs of torque than the commercial 235.  Hardest parts are the grills (made from un obtainium) the filler and spacer panels for the nose and headlight bezels. Balance of mechanical is Timken front and rear axles, Timken rear brakes, Lockheed fronts and the double reduction rear is I think also Timken sourced . A lot of the trim and other things were used when Nash was renamed Rambler.

If you get it your only 75 or 80 miles from me in Va.I'll have to come over and drool on it.    Paul

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

49 minutes ago, j hancock said:

1,725 miles.....   just around the corner!

After Vlad drove from Moscow to Siberia for his DMM I no longer harp about mileage.  :thumb:

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

On March 31, 2016 at 8:17 AM, j hancock said:

On my Rand McNally map, 1,725 miles is just a little more than 3 1/2 inches.  Looks pretty flat too....

The 1725 was too good to be true, so they put a couple Nebraska stops on to keep it interesting. Now got 4 1/4 inches to go, but I sawed off 2 and 3/8ths today.

Looked at the Nash yesterday, came down a little on price, but couldn't make it work. It's a sweet little truck, but would take a lot of time and money. Too many projects too little time. It's all yours Paul

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...